Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Can 10sp go up to 46T?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

on CRC it claims the max capacity of a Deore 10sp mech is 36T, but I see bigger cassettes than that on sale. Anyone tried Deore with > 36T?

simondbarnes

M6000GS is rated to 42t

majorspaniel

Yes! I’m running a Sunrace 11-46 on my mega with a ZEE mech, The important part is the one up rad cage, it shifts really well.

spawnofyorkshire

I have the M6000 running a 42t, Def scope for running a bigger plate so would expect 46t to be fine with it

Andy

Running Sunrace 11-46 10 sp on 2 bikes with xt M8000 mech.

transporter13
    Free Member

Yes… My son has the sunrace 11-46 cassette with xt 10spd mech and shifter as well as a 30t chainring.. Shifts better than my 11spd setup🤦‍♂️

benpinnick

The new m6000 works great with a 46. Everything else needs some bodging to get a decent shift.

Andy

No bodging needed using M8000 mech. Works really well.

benpinnick

Interesting Andy. M8000 works ok on 10 speed?

molgrips
    Free Member

M6000 comes up more expensive than SLX M7000 tho. For the price of the SLX I might as well go 11 speed.

benpinnick

It depends what you want. I would say that m6000 is better than m7000 if you take the cassette out of the equation. If youre running an 11-46 sunrace on both for example the deore outperforms the SLX. XT will be 12 SPD from mid next year so you don’t really get the upgrade path either. If I had a nice 10 SPD shifter I’d stick 10 speed.

jamesoz

I’m using a ropey old m8000 rear mech with a 10spd Saint shifter and Sunrace 11-42 10 speed cassette on my Onza.
    It’s ok but a bit noisy in the wet on the larger sprockets. The mech has a missing clutch and possibly isn’t straight anymore or the pull ratio isn’t quite the same.

molgrips
    Free Member

Nah I’m trying to give my daughter lower gears, she currently has 1×9.

Andy

benpinnick

Interesting Andy. M8000 works ok on 10 speed?

Yes. M985 Shifter, MX3 10 sp 11-46 Sunrace Cassette, M8000 XT Mech, KMC 10 Sp chain. Shifting is as nice as old M970. Way better than M785/M985 rear mech. Also better than full 11 speed Shimano XT set up.

Thats on my Turner Sultan and Why Cycles hardtail. Was thinking about GX Eagle but will stick with this until have more confidence in long term GX Eagle mech reliability.

Andy

btw Molly you can get a Sunrace 8 speed 11-40 cassette and run with an old 8/9 speed mech and cheap road link copy. Not tried it.

molgrips
    Free Member

She’s a kid, she wants to do long rides, we live in South Wales so she could really do with the 46T.

mcdonagh2962
    Free Member

The m8000 mech is it the medium cage or long cage to run 11-46 10 speed

dantsw13

11 spd mech works perfectly on a 10spd setup with a wide range cassette.

poah
    Free Member

using the medium cage XT and SLX on several sunrace 11-50t cassettes

kelvin

The are two deore mechs. Get the one Simon has pointed you to. My daughter is running that as well as the cheap as chips deore 10spd 11-42 cassette with it. I’d recommend an 11spd (sram) chain though.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Can 10sp go up to 46T?’ is closed to new replies.