Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Campsites within 2hrs of Newcastle
  • northernmatt

Mrs Matt is away for a weekend at the end of the month so I want to take the boy camping for a couple of days.

Ideally a site with some easy traffic free, i.e. off road, bike tracks close by and some nice places to go for a walk. I have looked at Dalby but bloody Rick Astley and Elbow are on that weekend so everything is fully booked so I need some suggestions.

I am thinking either Kielder or Yorkshire Dales, or possibly the Lake District at a push.

Drac

Glentress Lodges?

northernmatt

Lodges are booked on the saturday night but Crossburn site in Peebles should be okay. Bit further than I wanted to go though but at least it has guaranteed riding.

ninfan
    Free Member

I used to do quite a bit of camping at youth hostels, it’s a great solution, most of them have a field where you can pitch up, and There are some cracking ones up there – Baldersdale, Langdon Beck etc.

smashit
    Free Member

Always liked the look of Boe Rigg with kids.
    http://www.boerigg.co.uk/campsite.html

Gary_M
    Free Member

How about Gorsebank near Dalbeattie, which is pretty much 2 hours from newcastle. It’s mainly camping pods but they have a lovely wee ‘wild camping’ field. Direct access onto the 7 stanes blue trail from the site. Lots of quiet roads to ride.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Northumberland.

alanf
    Free Member

Dunstan Hill near Embleton?

smogmonster

Swaledale Campsite near Richmond? Beautiful spot down by the River Swale, in surprisingly, Swaledale…Reeth is up the road and Newcastle is about 1hr 15 away.

Drac

Glentress will take no longer than the lakes to get to.

northernmatt

Yup, you’re right there Drac. I think it’ll be there or Dalbeattie.

user-removed
    Free Member

Keilder, just below the castle is ok. Two minute walk to the pub as well. Plenty child friendly, off road cycling.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Campsites within 2hrs of Newcastle’ is closed to new replies.