Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Campsites SW France North of Biarritz advice plse…
  • ratswithwings
    Free Member

Taking our van over to Fance to do some biking in the Pyrenees and some surfing on the Atlantic coast. Looking for cool campsites North of Biarritz, hopefully away from the crowds though I feel this may be impossible in July!!!

Any info much appreciated!!

whippersnapper
    Free Member

i stayed HERE for a week. It’s South of Bairritz in a place called St Jean de Luz but to be honest it’s pretty flat north of Bairritz. It was good, right next to the sea, 20 mins walk from town and easy to get up into the hills. I reckon in July it could be really very busy though.

lazybike
    Free Member

stayed here…last August not quiet though…I liked it, going again this year

buffalobill
    Free Member

+1 for les grand pins – stayed there quite a few times.

Hossegor’s worth a look as well just north of Biarritz – there’s a campsite in the town and one a bit further out but nearer the beach. Will be quieter than Biarritz, but rammed if there’s a surf comp on.

mildred

We stay at st Girons plage every year, it’s getting a bit Germanic of late, but it’s still a chilled location.

ratswithwings
    Free Member

Cheers!! I’ll check some of those out!!

BillMC

There are quiet spots on that coast all the way up to Hourtin. The beach breaks are much better than in this country and you don’t need a steamer. Try to find time to stop off in the Medoc to buy some wine.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Campsites SW France North of Biarritz advice plse…’ is closed to new replies.