Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Campsites / Places to stay in the Pyreneese
  • GeneralFatigue
    Free Member

Hi,
    Myself and the bird are planning to spend a week camping in the Pyraneese in July. Going to do general walking and relaxing (I may possibly smuggle the bike out too…). Can anyone recommend any good campsites? Can you just turn up, or do you need to book? I will have a car, so can be flexible on area.

Cheers!

kevonakona
    Free Member

You’ll be lucky in early July TdF is going through. Lots of places are booked up well in advance.

Mid-late July take you pick.

GeneralFatigue
    Free Member

Its late July so I should be ok…. planning to get the P&O Portsmouth-Bilbau mini-cruiseferry thing.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    doug_basqueMTB.com

Whereabouts are you planning staying? For the Basque Country there’s some campsites here: BASQUE CAMPING

There’s also some great riding around here. In fact, from 2 of those campsites (FARO and JAIZKIBEL) you can ride straight from the tent and have full days on singletrack, if you know where to look!

Here’s some pics to give you the idea! basqueMTB pics

GeneralFatigue
    Free Member

Well this is it really – we have no knowledge about where is good at the mo. The western side would be better really. Unfortunatley the riding will be pretty limited for me (perhaps only 1 day), and am taking the non-riding girlfriend, so will be mostly walking, cus we can both do that.

Not a problem, cus Im off to the alp the next week to get my MTB fix with the lads.

doug_basqueMTB.com

There’s some cool walking round this area too and loads to do. You’ve got the beaches, San Sebastian’s only 10-15mins away, Biarritz is 20mins and loads of hills with some fantastic walks or cycles. Also cool because you’re on the border with Spain/France so you can pick the best bits of both cultures! France for coffee’s and pastries and then Spain for some drinks in the evening.

Anyway, that’s enough from me on this area, I love it here and can get a bit carried away!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Campsites / Places to stay in the Pyreneese’ is closed to new replies.