Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Campsites near the Surrey hills?
  • hora
    Free Member

Any near/within spitting distance?

bikebouy
    Free Member

You need to be more specific, Surrey is a large place.

Where are you intending to go?

freeridenick
    Free Member

Tanners Hatch YHA and Holmbury YHA
    Etherley Farm at the bottom of Leith Hill

atlaz
    Free Member

You need to be more specific, Surrey is a large place.

But the Surrey Hills are not 😉

hora
    Free Member

Tanners Hatch YHA and Holmbury YHA
    Etherley Farm at the bottom of Leith Hill

Cheers Nick/guys 🙂

joolsburger
    Free Member

Or if you can stretch a bit

http://www.smoothhound.co.uk/hotels/holmbury.html
    http://www.hurtwoodinnhotel.com/

Not camping but nice all the same.

carloz
    Free Member

+1 for Etherley Farm. Make sure you bring a BBQ with a lid so you can roast one of their fresh chickens. Ours was even tastier than the local trails.

piha
    Free Member

There is the Chantry’s Youth Camp Site in Guildford (3 miles from town centre), lovely spot, good access to the S.H and easy walk into town. You need to be a group of supervised young people. It is run by Guildford Borough Council.
    Another one not mentioned is The Merry Harriers at Hambledon and it has Llamas too!

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

+1 for the Merry Harriers. Good food, good beer and a regular stop off for many mtb groups. Not sure when your visiting, but it’s the ‘new’ owners 5th anniversary on the 20th July, so they’re having a big party, so it’s likely to be busy then.

hora
    Free Member

Merry Harriers looks great but it needs to be a campsite (hora jnr thinks its a big adventure!)

glenp
    Free Member

Etherley Farm puts you right on the slopes of Leith Hill, with Holmbury and Pitch within easy reach too. It is basic, but that does mean you can have a fire (or it did last time I stayed there). No dogs allowed because it is actually a farm – they raise pricey poultry.

Very easy cycle to The Parrot at Forest Green.

piha
    Free Member

I believe the Merry Harriers has a camping field next to the car park, although it doesn’t get great reviews!
    I forgot to mention the Camping Barn at Puttenham. I’ve never had a look inside but I have cycled past on numerous occasions and it looks interesting.

senorj

There’s a youth hostel at Polsden Lacey.
    http://www.pitchup.com/campsites/England/South_East/Surrey/Dorking/tanners-hatch-youth-hostel/
    Everytime I pass it ,I think I’d like to camp there….

hora
    Free Member

Perv

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

Yeah, Merry Harriers camp site is a field across the road from the pub and next to their car park. It’s not very large, but there’s usually a few tents pitched and the odd camper van. You have to use the pub for toilets/showers, but there’s 24hr access.

nosherduke996
    Free Member

Henfold Lakes in Beare Green near Newdigate. Good pitches and has it,s own bar and cafe. It is often visited by local cycling clubs for a tea
    stop.
    Only 4 miles to Leith Hill, Box Hill.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Campsites near the Surrey hills?’ is closed to new replies.