Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Campsites near bath
  • engineeringcowboy
    Free Member

Looking for a decent campsite near bath. Well within about 30 mins drive of bath. It needs to have showers

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I have no idea what it’s like but I pass one in Newton St Loe a lot. Think it might be a bit caravanny maybe? It’s around 15 – 30 mins (depending on traffic) from there to the centre.

eskay

I think that is newton mill campsite Darcy, the only other I can think of is at bath marina, not sure if it takes tents though. The marina site is very close to newbridge park and ride so handy for the city.

Cheddar is probably too far out but have stayed at a site there that would be OK.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    engineeringcowboy
    Free Member

Yeah, they are thin on the ground. I lived there for 7 years and can’t actually think if one

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ah shoot eskay, that’s the one – well spotted. Apologies to the OP if he’s been searching for one in Newton St Loe (just up the hill from there.) 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just checked on ukcampsite.co.uk. It’s true y’know, there aren’t many around. There’s one in the Chew Valley which is a nice oar of the world, but stretching the 30 mins to Bath limit.

kongman28
    Free Member

I’ve ridden past this a couple of times ‘Pitchperfect Campin’ near Wolverton southeast of Bath.
    A nice bike ride in through the Two Tunnels.

eskay

If you fancy a ride when you are in bath give me a shout (road or MTB).

tang
    Free Member

30 mins drive from my friends campsite up the lane from me.
    http://thistledown.org.uk
    It’s a really really nice site. Some good riding close by.

rhbrhb
    Free Member

I stayed at a campsite that was pretty much in Bath itself off a few backstreets, was a few years back 07 but was a lovely site. Name escapes me, I was there for the Triathlon. Will try get more details for you.

rhbrhb
    Free Member
    torsoinalake
    Free Member

We’ve stayed at the Newton Mill site before. It was quite a while back but it is a decent site. Easy enough to get to town.

engineeringcowboy
    Free Member

Well having checked the weather forcast for Sunday and Monday we’ve decided to get a hotel. They won’t have chance to dry their tents before their ferry to france so we looked on airbnb and found a room for not much more then the campsite cost. I’ll just sleep in the back of my van.

Thanks anyway, and eskay, not this time but next time I’m in Bath I’ll give you a shout and see if you are free.

Hopefully I’ll be moving their after Christmas and buying my first house there!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Campsites near bath’ is closed to new replies.