Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Campsite recommendations – near Lyon and near Verdon Gorge/Valensole
  • jools182
    Free Member

I’m driving through France this week, I think the first stop is going to be a cheap hotel in Reims, but after that I’ll be heading to Nice.

I am thinking of camping a few nights maybe near Lyon and then I want to have a look at the lavender fields and maybe having another look at the Verdon gorge

It will just be me and a tent, and I’d like a campsite with showers and hopefully somewhere nearby to get some food in the evening

Any recommendations?

thanks

mugsys_m8

Monts du lyonnais or Beaujolais to the west just north of lyon
    . Isle de crémieu area to the east could be a good shout. Think there is a campsite near Hieres sur amby. Lyon covers quite a big area. Which way are you driving? Down the rhone valley? Lots of chemical plants etc until vienne. Maybe near Valence?

hofnar
    Free Member

What are you looking for in Lyon? visiting the city country side? some riding road or mountainbikes? The missus used to live there so I spend some time on my bike around there.

jools182
    Free Member

I’m not taking my bike unfortunately. I’m just heading to Nice but taking my time and having a look around.

Spending a week in the south of France,then heading down Italy and to Malta.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Campsite recommendations – near Lyon and near Verdon Gorge/Valensole’ is closed to new replies.