Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Campsite recommendations for NW Scotland.
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

As it says really. Ideally would be family friendly so more like the Big Sands one at Gairloch and less like the one at Torridon.

scotroutes

Sangosands at Durness is quite nice. Access to a wee sheltered cove and a walk along to the “hippy” village will score you some decent fruit wines.

Kbrembo
    Free Member

All below are very nice!

Durness…Sangosands
    Achmelvich…ShoreCampSite
    Clachtoll….Clachtoll

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scotroutes

They’d all be even better with a BIGGER TENT!!!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

And WARMER WEATHER!!!

663sqd
    Free Member

Have a look at the campsite (the only one) in applecross . . Beautiful place and the pub nearby is amazing. . really amazing food and drink. . Best oub food i have ever experienced.. no joke . .I had a mtb holiday there with WILDBIKE. . Very good. . Campsite friendly with showers etc. .

worldrallyteam
    Free Member

I’ll second Clachtoll, being going there for 5 years for summer hols in our family tent.

iainc

Worldrallyteam always fb’s great pics from clachtoll so +2 🙂

peterfile
    Free Member

Have a look at the campsite (the only one) in applecross . . Beautiful place and the pub nearby is amazing. . really amazing food and drink. . Best oub food i have ever experienced.. no joke . .I had a mtb holiday there with WILDBIKE. . Very good. . Campsite friendly with showers etc. .

I was “stranded” there for 3 days at NY. Spent the whole time eating like a king, drinking lots of wine and beer with a Channel 5 film crew and generally enjoying repeated power cuts and monsoon-like weather 🙂

Going back in 3 weeks. I bloody love the place.

solarpowered
    Free Member

I’m not very well travelled at all but have been to Applecross twice now. It is one of the most beautiful places on the planet in my book! Phenomenal place!….. You must visit it *has fingers crossed you’ll believe me*

Spectacular, varied wildlife on the water that looks across to the black cullins on Skye in front of you, then look behind and you have a wonderful pub with exceptional food for all ages! The campsite even has resident deer – great experience to see them so ‘up close!’

You won’t regret it, I promise! 😉

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Cheers for the Clachtoll suggestion. Been to Applecross a couple of times already and yes it is great. Looking for North of Gairloch.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Campsite recommendations for NW Scotland.’ is closed to new replies.