Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Camping Stove that charges your phone.
  • TheDTs
    Free Member

Click

Anyone used one of these?
    Looks like a great idea.

Duane…
    Free Member

Coming up next –

IanMunro
    Free Member

Old Schoolski

acehtn
    Free Member

Read the reviews :)via google.

Bit chunky and hefty and takes a while to charge things.

If your not worried about bulk and don’t mind feeding it twigs for a few hours then why not, they work.

Some nice cheap solar chargers out there now, smaller lighter, more efficent and cheaper, i would get one of those…..if i had to rely on electric gizmos for a walkabout 🙂

Nice idea well done, i suspect aimed at gadget show camper types over more serious campers.

jon1973
    Free Member

I just ordered this to charge my phone / tablet when camping without power.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BQ5KHJW/ref=pe_385721_37986871_pe_364681_36330151_item

vanilla83
    Free Member

jon1973 – Member
    I just ordered this to charge my phone / tablet when camping without power.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BQ5KHJW/ref=pe_385721_37986871_pe_364681_36330151_item

Jon, have you used one of these yet or just going on reviews? I was looking at one of the smaller ones earlier and quite tempted too.

TooTall
    Free Member

Some nice cheap solar chargers out there now, smaller lighter, more efficent and cheaper, i would get one of those…..if i had to rely on electric gizmos for a walkabout

Get a USB battery – the portable solar charging stuff isn’t worth it alone for camping etc. Or if you do get the solar stuff, get the USB battery as well, so you can charge on the go.
    As for the battery linked to up there – have a look on eBay – way cheaper and I have had some good ones over the years as capacity and technology improves. My first look found a 2Ah one for £14 and a British seller.

jon1973
    Free Member

Jon, have you used one of these yet or just going on reviews?

I used one a similar that my brother had which was about the same price and seemed to charge up pretty quickly to 100% (I have a Samsung s3). The one I ordered, says it’s good for about 5 charges, which is ideal for me. Should get it next week, so I’ll report back. The reviews for the one I linked, did seem very positive though which made me decide to order the one I did.

Like TooTall said, there are probably cheaper ones out there.

br
    Free Member

Just buy a phone with a replaceable battery, and take a spare(s).

jon1973
    Free Member

But that charger thing will also charge my tablet and my GoPro, plus my wife’s HTC. Easier to have one unit than carrying around half a dozen different batteries.

downshep

Bought that Anker E4 for a long trip. Well impressed. It charges overnight via a micro USB connector (same fitting as HTC or Samsung phone) and stores enough juice to charge a few smartphones and a Kindle Fire HD. Can charge two items at once. Now that I trust it, will be using it for cycle touring & camping duties.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Camping Stove that charges your phone.’ is closed to new replies.