Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Camping on the Joux Plane, Morzine
  • ganic
    Free Member

Hopefully off there on the van in August. Does anyone know if you can camp up on the Joux Plane, possibly up by the lake. I’d plan to park than van up there after riding etc, and drive into town during the day.

The camp sites for the area are along way from town and my wife won’t be riding that much so wants to be near town.

Also looking for recommendations for non-bike park trails, i.e. more off piste, techy or natural stuff. I here there’s some good ones off Nyon?

nickjb
    Free Member

Technically no. You might get away with it for a night but it’s not allowed. They usually tolerate wild camping in the lift car parks so you can camp at the base of Nyon.

Not ridden on that side much but there is some nice walking. There is the classic ride to Samoens which is great if you can work out a way back. You can also do Col de Cou from the Nyon side

NZCol

Col de Cou is interdit for bikes I’m afraid 👎
    There were a few vans up at the Lac on the Joux Plan when I was up there a couple of times last summer but barely tolerated.

Ambrose

When was Col de Cou closed?

ganic, I’ve got loads of GPX of not-gnarr rides, send me a PM with your email.

lister

There were vans under the Prodains lift last couple of times we were there.

NZCol

Col de Cou was shut last year. There are big signs as you drop along the ridge line and some new fence/barriers. Was some talk of being fined if you are caught etc.

nickjb
    Free Member

There are big signs as you drop along the ridge line and some new fence/barriers.

Isn’t that on the Swiss side? The French side is still cheeky so maybe there is something there now too.

Ambrose

Do you mean the Col itself or the Arete de Berroi?

NZCol

Yeah sorry it’s the ridge descent down into Champery that is closed now. The ride up to the Col itself is still fine or was last Summer anyway.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Camping on the Joux Plane, Morzine’ is closed to new replies.