• This topic has 20 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by hora.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Camping lamps- recommend me one
  • hora
    Free Member

Bright, rechargeable and durable.

Any recommendations? 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Black Diamond

MoreCashThanDash

Alpkit ones too small? Plenty bright though

scotroutes

I was imagining something like this

In which case we have a Outwell thing much like the above.

Househusband swears his old paraffin lamp is more romantic though.

ampthill

cheap version of the silverpoint 300. You’ll see one in the link above

Ours has been really brilliant on battery life and light output

damn that’s the less good black diamond one

takisawa2

Our Coleman one has worked perfectly for 10yrs now. I’d happily buy another but their must be an LED version now.

chaos

http://www.industrialrev.com/candle-lanterns/

Excellent, highly ‘rechargeable’ and you can even get tealights that also keep away the mossies/flys/etc

PTR
    Free Member

Camping Gaz, gas light, it makes a hissing noise. watch the light and listen, all round in tent entertainment system.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

pah to these fancy modern things – i’m still using one of these 1961 X246a lamps. parts are still available from tilley (and the design hasnt changed since the mid 60s

bright – yip,
    rechargable – yep just add paraffin. but filled up so the paraffin is just below the pump hole, the lamp has enough fuel to run for several hours ech night for a couple of weeks (i tend to fill it at the start of the year and by the end of the motorsport season its getting low – thats about 15 nights camping)

durable – again – yip i have 2, the one that was made in 61 and one thats been in the family since 1974.

bonus – also acts as a tent heater too, great in winter.

Pook

as the sun shines out of your arse, couldn’t you just show a bit of bum crack for illumination?

russianbob
    Free Member

+1 for Black Diamond. Titan, Apollo or Voyager. Well made, dimmable, rechargable, bright.

molgrips
    Free Member

Those paraffin lamps have a silk element, don’t they? If so they are not at all durable, the element is fragile as hell.

And candle lanterns are a joke. I used to use one, then I realised how poor it was and gave up. LEDs are way better.

jamiep
    Free Member

Alpkit. There is a small and larger version. AA battaries

Bimbler
    Free Member

Got one that looks like this, brilliant, not rechargeable though unless you splash out on rechargeable “D” cells and charger, batteries last ages though.

ampthill

Bimbler that’s the one

orangeboy
    Free Member

The little alp kit led light works very well but
    I still love my old Tilly lamp and its not like you need to change the mantle every time you use it

I like that things that work and can be repaired rather than binned when they brake

hora
    Free Member

blimbler whats the name/model?

Im not having a parafin/gas lamp near a 3yr old mischevious kid!

ampthill

Mine is the silver point 300, just like Bimblers photo. I thought there was cheaper branding of the same product. The diffuser comes off to give a down light. Handy for hanging out of reach

This looks the same but with a flashing option (uggh)

http://www.maplin.co.uk/300-lumen-led-camping-lantern-634721

hora
    Free Member

Perfect- I’ll get that one. 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Perfect- I’ll get that one. 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Camping lamps- recommend me one’ is closed to new replies.