Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Camping in Yorkshire or the Peaks
  • hanchurch
    Free Member

I am planning a couple of nights with young hanchurch camping and riding, has anyone got any recommendations for a good campsite that we could make a 10 mile route from, ideally with a pub that does decent food?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

it’s all very Christopher Biggins here in Yorkshire, you’ll be at home if you like camping.

There’s a nice one at austwick with plenty of biking locally

hanchurch
    Free Member

I live in Yorkshire, just looking for a good base for a boys weekend while the girls play with dolls and the like!

martinhutch

Campsite in Appletreewick. Dinner at the Craven Arms. Various route options from there.

hammy7272
    Free Member

Campsite at Kettlewell is brilliant and three pubs to choose from in the village

hanchurch
    Free Member

Those sound great, just googled Appletrewick thanks guys, any more for any more?

ads678

Decent campsite in cracoe near grassington. Devonshire arms does good food or a ride taking in Linton, lovely pub there.

ElShalimo

hammy – is the Kettlewell site still open? I thought he closed it a couple of years ago

jaylittle
    Free Member

Camp at studfold farm in nidderdale, pub food at the crown in lofthouse or if your feeling fit head up to the other crown in middlesmoor.

growinglad
    Free Member

Stayed in Edale years ago, good riding and campsite was pretty good from what I remember….I don’t know if that’s Yorkshire or not….I’m from the South, so it’s all Up North 😉

hanchurch
    Free Member

I’m starting to think the east coast may be nice around the Whitby area, does anyone have any suggestions in that area?
    Thanks

craigxxl
    Free Member

Middlewood Farm at Robins Hoods Bay, nice site, close to Whitby if you want to go there and some nice pubs too.

hanchurch
    Free Member

Craigxxl – I was looking at this online last night, looking like a good option. Thanks.

craigxxl
    Free Member

We’re going back there at the end of May. It’s not the cheapest place but it’s worth the extra.

hanchurch
    Free Member

Bump for the weekenders, any more suggestions?

footflaps

Usha Gap campsite in Swaledale is a nice location (never stayed there as we have a cottage in the next village).

http://www.ushagap.co.uk/Home.aspx

Farmers Arms in Muker (1/2m walk) is a great pub.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Camping in Yorkshire or the Peaks’ is closed to new replies.