Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Camping in dorset??
  • dobo
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend some decent but cheapish camping (2 person tent) in dorset? or possibly somewhere else?

Just looking for a cheapish weekend away, idealy girlfriend wants a hairdrier!! bar and swimming pool…

i would like to have a fire or bbq and a beech near by and a pub within walking distance…

can any cheap campsite come close to these requirements?

jon1973
    Free Member

This is a really nice site, and has it's own barn converted in to a bar and restaurant (pub type food). Nice and quiet and really good facilities – Near Weymouth. The campsite has a pool as well.

Sea Barn Farm

My wife and I went there last year and we had a great few days despite the weather.

Edit – it's actually West Fleet that has the pool and bar, but it's right next door (5 min walk) to Sea Barn Farm and owned by the same people and you are allowed to use the facilities. Sea Barn is much quieter and nicer imo, so I;d go there and use the stuff at the other campsite. Brand new shower facilities at Sea Barn as well.

SonicTheHedgehog
    Free Member

You could try these near me in Swanage.

http://www.herstonleisure.co.uk/
    http://www.shorefield.co.uk/swanage/

Good biking terrain. The Herston one is quite rural though

m0nster2
    Free Member

In Dorset?

For shure. In fact I highly recommend it.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Just looking for a cheapish weekend away, idealy girlfriend wants a hairdrier!! bar and swimming pool…

i would like to have a fire or bbq and a beech near by and a pub within walking distance…

Ullwell Cottage Campsite near Swanage/Studland

Hairdryers, check
    Bar, check
    Swimming pool, check,
    Pub within walking distance, hmmm. Not too close, but possible on foot (Corfe Castle).

Barbeque area on beach at Studland/Shell Bay.

Another beach is nearer – less than a mile. Google Ballard Down.

Site has a decent shop too.

DT78
    Free Member

Really recommend Hollands wood in the new forest, go there every year. Top campsite, walking distance to brokenhurst (recommend the zen thai restaurant for some 'posh' camping)

http://www.new-forest-national-park.com/hollands-wood-caravan-park-and-campsite.html

No beach or swimming pool, but a train station is 15mins walk away if you want to get to those things.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Hollands Wood is good, but it's right near the main road & gets full up quickly with families, often ones with many many many screaming kids & babies.
    Not that this ruined my hols there, when I thought we'd booked far enough out of school holidays to avoid it all – like we usually manage to at Holmsley! 😉

dobo
    Free Member

hanks, some good suggestions, will make some calls, hope theres availability, looking forward to nesxt weekend

mattbee

No pool, but East Fleet Farm is also well worth a look. Just spent a week there at the beginning of July, was clean and tidy, well kept toilet/shower facilities, converted barn pub with pub type food. Right on the Fleet and some lovely walks right from the campsite, to some nice romantic picnic spots.

avdave2

Golden Cap

Campsite on the beach with pub.

luke
    Free Member

Depending on when your looking at, if your prepared to forgo the beach and bbq/fire the BigBikeBash is only just outside Dorset. I'm sure if you ask nicely we can rustle up a hairdryer.

trailmonkey

Come along now Ray, you join in on the chorus

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Camping in dorset??’ is closed to new replies.