Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Camping – cooking & coffee making. What do I need?
  • hora
    Free Member

On camping trip number 2 I noticed someone had a espresso maker (the stove top type).

I had sleeping kit and a lamp, thats it. What would you recommend for a decent stove? Doesn’t need to be hiking/backpack light of course.

binners

willard

qwerty
    Free Member

With an action not disimilar to *a*k*n*

BoardinBob

I use

+

Pyro

Similar to BoardinBob, but substitute an Aeropress for the cafetiere, and add an Alpkit ti mug to boil the water in.

spawnofyorkshire

old school moka pot. If you get a stainless one the only thing that will die is the seals and that takes years

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Bought one of theseCampingaz stoves and it has just come down in price, good VFM and quite sturdy.

scotroutes

We’ve just bought one of those Camping Gaz Vario stoves too. Get it from Go Outdoors as they’ll do Price Match minus 10%.

As for the coffee, it depends how fussy you are. I like the Lyons coffee bags for convenience.

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

MSR Pocket rocket stove for me- packs very small, heats water super fast. I use a 2-cup moka-express like the one above to do espresso on it.

It’s great 🙂

youngrob

+1 for Pyro. Brilliant coffee and minimal mess/fuss. Just need hot water, ground coffee and a mug.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Camping – cooking & coffee making. What do I need?’ is closed to new replies.