Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Camping abroad, show me your pictures..
  • steviegil
    Free Member

Looking for inspiration on where to go to, so camping or caravanning pictures please with a little bit about the site.. 8)

Cheers..

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Halfway up a hill in Les Gets, LA Grange au Frene I think its called. Good site – good showers, good toilets, drying room, washing room, pressure washer, kitchen, living room, pool table. Heres a picture I took when I satyed there once when it was sunny for two weeks. I stayed there a year later and it pissed it down alot so all the facilities were very useful.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Heres another – It doesnt have a name, its just a field next to the lift station for the Mega track. Theres some toilets near by and you can wash yourself in the bike wash accross the road. Its also ideal if you want to get a full day in, as we got woken up by the police at about 7.30am. Absolutely shit site, dont bother with it.

Stoner
    Free Member

Pont du Tarn – florac in the Cevennes. Great place to go riding from
    http://www.camping-florac.com/

richmars

Somewhere in Nepal, about 20 years ago. Looks warm, but pretty cold at night.

nedrapier

Norway:
    Can’t quite remember where this one was, somewhere near Sognefjord. beautiful. As long as you’re not on cultivated land, or within 150m of house, you can camp anywhere you like

Still Norway, Jotunheim national park

Greenland, Sodal Valley, near ittoqqortoormiit

France, just below the cosmiques arrete on the Aiguille de Midi:

takisawa2

No bikes I’m afaid, (apart from the kids).
    Camping jabline, near Eurodisney, August 2011. Great site. Not cheap though. 😕

IMG_1565 by pten2106, on Flickr

kayak23

Bratsland campground, Bergen, Norway. Stunning place.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Camping in Torla, Spanish Pyrenees

Camping Rio Ara

No photos of the campsite but the previous week we’d stayed at a campsite in Espot which was lovely also

Voraparc

nearby

Mackem

Near Potes, Picos de Europa.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I didn’t camp anywhere with views, but I had a smile on me puss!

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/_FJL4a36PvozDN71UH8SIv3q76HDjF1pPo9dgBBldrY?feat=directlink

ps anyway to get images from picasa?

EDIT here goes, prob a red cross to you guys!

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/-l2hEkhXDJvsjX8E78KqxP3q76HDjF1pPo9dgBBldrY?feat=directlink

GuyFox40
    Free Member

Untitled by GuyFox40, on Flickr
    Campsite in the centre of Livigno just along from the Mottolino lift.
    Tax free fuel and booze and a variety of different styles of riding available. Definately worth the extra driving miles

Stoner
    Free Member

[hijack] cynic-al Click “Link to this photo”, select “Imgae only (no link)”, select size to “Medium 640”, copy the text in the “Embed Image” box, and paste between [/img ] tags.
    [/hijack]

steviegil
    Free Member

Brilliant guys, thanks!

Takisawa, how did you find jablines? Its a site i looked at for taking the kids to disney..

steviegil
    Free Member

Anymore? 😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its not really camping 🙂

All of us by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

France BTW

But it did mean we go to ride this

Limousan1 by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

Spin
    Free Member

Halfway up a hill in Les Gets, LA Grange au Frene I think its called.

This is the best campsite in the world. Shame the biking is crap.

loum
    Free Member

I don’t have pictures as I didn’t have a camera when I went, but this is a great site for info and inspiration.

http://en.campings.net/

DavidM
    Free Member

Quite like this spot. 15 minutes of downhill singletrack to warm applestrudel in the morning. We just asked the farmer if camping next to his field was ok, and it was

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Camping abroad, show me your pictures..’ is closed to new replies.