Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Campervan bed foam
  • dashed
    Free Member

Any recommendations on where to buy some foam to make a bed in the back of a van? Happy to go with standard sizes and trim myself, but any thoughts on comfort, thickness or other things I need to consider from the van-conversion collective would be gratefully received 🙂

beiciwr64
    Free Member

Try IKEA
    They have assortment of sizes

GolfChick
    Free Member

For the back of my caddy I used GB Foam and went with their recommendation for use of campervan bedding foam ‘Average Medium Foam – GB 36M’. No problmes with it and was perfectly sized for the custom bed I’d made, nice and firm and comfortable.

dashed
    Free Member

Thanks GC – that sounds perfect.

Marin
    Free Member

I got mine from IKEA about 7 years ago foam topped with memory foam. Think it was sold as a mattress topper. Still comfy and I’ve used it a lot. Changed the layout a bit and just used a wood saw to cut to size.

the00
    Free Member

First time I used this place because it is local to me:
    https://www.thefoamshop.co.uk/

Second time I bought an Ikea Malfors matress and cut it in to the correct sizes.

kilo

Every time I see this thread title I expect someone to have linked to these – is it only me?

llama

I’ve used these guys: https://www.cbscc.co.uk/caravan_and_boat/caravan_boat_furnishings_upholstery.html
    They were pretty knowledgeable
    Go and try some out if you can

stayhigh

@kilo Damn you that will be stuck in head for weeks now…

molgrips
    Free Member

I slept on a mattress at a mate’s house which was a slab of upholstery foam. Very comfortable. But also IKEA, you can buy their cheap mattresses, unzip the cover, cut the foam, sew up the cover and refit. We did this when I shortened the kids’ bunk beds by six inches.

Marin
    Free Member

Great song Kilo.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Campervan bed foam’ is closed to new replies.