Campervan awnings…

Home Forum Chat Forum Campervan awnings…

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Campervan awnings…
  • GW

I’ve got 2 (only need one) where abouts are you?

Premier Icon BillOddie
    Subscriber

Leicester.

What you got?

GW

One’s a Khyam (sp) Can’t actually remember the brand name of the other, but they’re both big stand alone van awnings in very good nick, if you ever come up to SE Scotland? Edinburgh/Glentress/Innerleithen way you could have a look?

Premier Icon BillOddie
    Subscriber

Can anyone recommend a place to buy or brands of campervan awnings?

I need one to fit a Toyota Hi-Ace Reimo conversion.

Doesn’t need to be very big just big enough for 2-3 adults to sit under and a couple to sleep in.

Now that we have a little one we have been demoted to outside again!

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

Home

and Fiamma as Izak says.

we have the multirail fitted so could fit a really simple low packing, cheap one.
    Got it from Concept who supply reimo in the UK

Premier Icon BillOddie
    Subscriber

Ah OK, I already have a simple pull out awning, an omnistor one.

Looking for something for tent like to be honest.

I’ve found these, Outdoor Revolution, anyone know about them?

grumm

Mate has a fiamma one – seems good, not cheap though.

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

vaude do one.

pault41

Pic of the van on beach !
    Is that Ynsylas , near borth ,mountains behind look familiar

imp999

Just Kampers do some good ones. We’ve got a Hamburg(or some other German city name). Two double airbeds on one side, same space on the other for other stuff.

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

Paul – yep.

autumn trip last year. some walking at cadair. Crab on the coast.
    🙂

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

here’s our vaude one.
    cant remember the name.
    I would sell it to you bill as I dont need it, but it’s promised to the B-in-Law.
    Sorry.

Premier Icon a11y
    Subscriber

After much searching we’ve just bought a Khyam awning – one of the “quick erect” ones that supposedly goes up in 10 mins. I think we’ve bought the Motordome Classic model, have yet to test it though.

http://www.khyam.co.uk/product_tent.asp?category=Khyam%20QE&type=Caravan/Motorcaravan

john_l

the Khyam’s are excellent – have the motordome sleeper, replaced a Royal Traveller. Also have one of those Fiamma roll-out things which our builder gave us – good, but bloody heavy, bit nervous about travelling with it clamped to the gutter.

jacksta

We are shopping for awnings at the moment (VW T25) and went to a caravan place just east of Horsham – they are all set up and you can walk around them. Chose a Suncamp Aspect, sounds perfect for what you want it for…our problem was van height. Our van is only 180cms high which leaves you with only two choices, the Khyam tourer or the Just kampers one, both twice the price of the suncamp one and heavier / bulkier to cart around 🙁

Premier Icon BillOddie
    Subscriber

jacksta, when you say van height do you mean overall height or height to gutter rail?

Bill

jacksta

BillOddie – height to gutter rail because the bit the goes from the awning structure and attaches to the van needs to be taught / not flap or hold water. Our van is actually 210cms high which is what I was using to internet research with but it turns out that the heights they quote are for the attachment point.

We have the added complication of a pop top which rules out the awnings which can use a rope over the van to secure. If your roof doesnt pop then you might be able to use the sucker attachments

rogerthecat

Got a Khayam, had others and would not go back.
    Can put it up on my own in about 10 mins max, even in wind only takes 15 mins and a bit of care. The others were a nightmare.
    Also you need to think about how it will fare when you have driven away and the wind hits it. Our old one was only hanging on by 1 peg 2 years ago when we got back to it. The Khayam suffered horrendous weather in Ireland last summer and never faultered.
    Only criticism is watch your sliding door as it can tear the awning to van bellows if you are not careful – otherwise a brilliant bit of kit. (also packs away in 10 mins)

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Campervan awnings…’ is closed to new replies.