Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Camper Vanning in the Alps
  • Conor
    Free Member

Doing a three week trip in the French Alps this summer, and have access to a camper van. Either that or taking car and camping.

Do you need to book into a camp site at the resorts (Morzine, Les Arcs, Les Duex, Alpe D’Huez) or can you abandon her anywhere?!! I remember campers and people camping at the base of the lifts in Alpe D’Huez…

Cheers.

richpips
    Free Member

If I was you, I’d book. Some of the places above have few places for motorhomes. At Alpe D’Huez they seem to not mind camping by the lifts, though worth mentioning is that many places in France have local bylaws that strictly prohibit parking up in towns except for at campsites.

uplink
    Free Member

If you do the campervan thing – this site would be worth the few quid subscription
    http://www.motorhomingfrance.co.uk/

Conor
    Free Member

Cheers. Will book in.

Anybody know good sites for Morzine or Les Arcs??

Shandy
    Free Member

For Morzine, the local pikeys camp down by the river on the Nyon side of town, I would hesitate to leave bikes in the van though. Apparantly there is a site on the far side of town and there is definitly a camper van area by the lifts in Les Gets.

Les Arcs, stay down in Bourg St Maurice, there should be a site. Les Arcs itself will be completely dead in the summer and the funicular ride up will give you more vertical for your day.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

In morzine I spent 1 night in tho town Car Park not the best but free, we stayed up the hill in Les Gets in a nice small site turn left on the way in from the Valley side, also stayed up by the top of the 4x nice to do that first thing in the morning.

In Les Arcs we went between the one in town and the one in Peisey both quite nice but we also stayed up at Arc1800 in one of the car parks undisturbed, there were a few others. My van is a beat up transit with no rear windows so it helps with sneaky parking 🙂

takisawa2

Mate goes here & rates it.

Conor
    Free Member

Balls. can’t use the camper anymore. Tenting instead. Thanks for the site recommendations.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Camper Vanning in the Alps’ is closed to new replies.