Camper Van Advice…

Home Forum Chat Forum Camper Van Advice…

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Camper Van Advice…
  • I was put off t4/t5s by the price, and ended up with a lt35 similar to steelsreals.
    I’ve no electric hook up, but use a split relay charger to a leisure battery. This runs several led lights, water pump, three 12v plugs and my electric fridge. The battery lasts 2/3 days, 6/7 if I don’t use the fridge.

Premier Icon boxelder
    Subscriber

Kits can be bought with battery, invertor, switches etc.
    Check eBay or t4 forum

Premier Icon Steelsreal
    Subscriber

I have two 160ah lesure batteries and LED lights plus a fridge (Waeco CR40 compressor) and various 12v charging things.

With the fridge on I can easily run for about 4 days, without the fridge..ages. Current plan is to add a 100w ish solar panel on the roof which xshould help eek that out a bit. Will cost about £400 fitted from http://www.travelvolts.co.uk

What is the invertor for? Laptop or ipad? If so you are inverting 12v to 240 to then be inbverted back by the PSU, so maybe look for a 12v charger or usb charger..

Old Play stations are 12v, as are many little LCD tvs…if you keep everyhing DC life will be simpler…

I know that my requirements are unusual, but my perfect van would be:

Wide enough to sleep widthways
    Big enough so that I could leave the bed made up (hence the widthways thing)
    Big enough to put bikes inside
    Fairly simple layout – none of that trying to look like a house stuff.
    High quality fridge
    Made of metal
    4×4

The problem comes when I want this for 4 people when there are no vans with 4 seats up front

I saw something that would fit the bill based on a MWB Sprinter 4×4 (on Dutch plates) parked up where I live a few weeks back. Love my T4 as a daily driver but I’ll admit to an attack of van envy. This one had crew cab style seating which was moveable and a “mezzanine” sleeping platform in the back with storage units / kitchen stuff below

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Camper Van Advice…’ is closed to new replies.