Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Campagnolo with Shimano?
  • barn
    Free Member

Campagnolo shifters, rear mech and chain (10 speed Veloce, double).

Can I use a Shimano chain set?
    Can I also assume that any FSA will also work?

Ta very much, sorry for such a boring old question which must have been asked loads before.

clubber
    Free Member

Yes assuming you mean road kit. That is all.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

As clubber said yes as load as you mean road stuffs. even though if you have a 68mm bb shell on your mtb frame then there’s no reason why you can stick road bits on your mountain bike other than your hubs would have to mtb 135mm. Any way ramblings over pain killers proper kicking in now and so don’t listen to me listen to clubber lol

trailmoggy
    Free Member

No just no

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I have Camopagnolo, Shimano and MicroShift on my roadie. All three working together in perfect harmony.

barn
    Free Member

I know it’s deeply wrong, but I need a cheap set up.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

The only thing wrong with it is the Shimano chainset, they are plain ugly IMO and should only exist on winter bikes.

Vortexracing

I got flamed last year for running Shimano gears and a Campag chainset

you have been warned 🙄

jimc101
    Free Member

As noted, technically yes, chainsets really don’t care as long as they are the right speed / bb type, aesthetically, mixing anything with Campagnolo isn’t a done thing.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I got flamed last year for running Shimano gears and a Campag chainset

And me but leaving the neigh-sayer for dead up the next hill shuts them up pretty quick.

arewethereyet
    Free Member

It’s a straightforward yes. I’m running 10 Veloce with a Truvativ 9-10spd 48/34 chainset, no issues. Apart from preferring the look and heel clearance a Campag one would give.

faustus

You can get such a nice campag chainset at a very good price on Ribble though…

mav12
    Free Member

sora chainset here on 10 speed campag set up works fine i swapped from a fsa chainset as the bb were £40 and were made from cheese the sora shifts a lot better as well

faustus

Having said that, campag BB system is rubbish compared to shimano, as it needs a dedicated crank puller to get the arm off…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Campagnolo with Shimano?’ is closed to new replies.