Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Campagnolo Brake Only Levers (for fixed)
  • RoganJosh
    Free Member

Anybody know if campag make these?

I know SRAM make the 900 and 500 ones, but I’d prefer campag if I can. I’m struggling to find any evidence of them.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

They make Record carbon levers, but they’re hard to find and £100+

johnellison
    Free Member

Ebay? NOS?

Although on second thought – LINKY

clubber
    Free Member

What he said. IIRC Ribble have them and CRC used to.

In the past, I’ve just used a second hand ergo (ideally with knackered internals) and removed the shifter parts which is a pretty easy job.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

I’ve wondered about taking the internals out from a knackered ergo before, is it really that easy?

johnellison
    Free Member

Or try Campyoldy

pryally
    Free Member

i’ve some old non ergo (not sure which model) which i used on my bob jackson fixed gear bike you can have for £20? drop me a e-mail if you are interested

clubber
    Free Member

Yes, it’s very easy – at least one the ones I’ve done (and in the past repaired them), you basically undo one bolt that holds all the internals in the lever.

gary

In the past, I’ve just used a second hand ergo (ideally with knackered internals) and removed the shifter parts which is a pretty easy job.

Which is pretty much what the carbon non ergo levers are. I think they even use hoods with the cut outs for the shifters but mine are 10 miles away so can’t check!

http://www.fatbirds.co.uk/16039/products/campagnolo-record-carbon-brake-levers.aspx

clubber
    Free Member

Indeed. I’d have been surprised if they were completely different.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Surely for maximum fashionista* points you need to upgrade them with vast ammounts of drilium? Which rules out carbon levers.

*why else wory about campag on a hack bike

clubber
    Free Member

Where did he say that it was a hack?

Besides, given that each brand has different shaped hoods, what’d be wrong with choosing Campag ones if they suit?

RoganJosh
    Free Member

That’s absolutely it clubber, I use campag on my road bikes and like the hoods, so I want the same feel on my fixed training/scuttling around on bike. Thanks for everyone’s input.

gary

That’s absolutely it clubber, I use campag on my road bikes and like the hoods, so I want the same feel on my fixed training/scuttling around on bike

That’s why I got the Record ones – much more comfy than the old school non ergo campag ones, and slightly out of place on my battered fixie.

For a slightly cheaper option, the Cane Creek ones look like a very similar shape, but I’ve not actually used them

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/cane-creek-scr-5-brake-levers/rp-prod27936

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Campagnolo Brake Only Levers (for fixed)’ is closed to new replies.