Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Campag Disc Hubs – what's out there?
  • Rik
    Free Member

Just wondering if I have missed any.

Currently running a 28h DT 240 disc hub (135mm) with a campag cassette body on my road bike with bb7s and ergo levers.

Thinking about building up another set of wheels based around 32h and one of the new breed of lightweight dynamo hubs (supernova) for touring duties.

Any other hub possibilities other than another DT 240 with the conversion (which was a faff to get all the parts at a reasonable price).

I don’t want a shimano type hub with a campag spaced cassette – got to be a campag cassette body as I want to swap the cassette from wheel to wheel so I don’t have to worry about chain wear etc.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Good luck with that search.

You might be able to take the freehub off Mavic hubs and swap with a Campy version but I’ve no idea if that’ll work.

My Ambrosio road wheels have a Campy freehub and you can get Shimano reaplcements – think the hubs are actually made by Novatech so possibly you could find a Novatech hub you can swap out the freehub, but again I’m not even usre that’s possible.

In reality it’s probably cheaper to buy a Campag spaced cassette with a boggo standard Shimano hub and have a spare chain with a powerlink if you’re worried about chain wear.

clubber
    Free Member

Had this recently and the consensus seemed to be that there’s very little out there. That’s why I’m running Shimergo so that I can just use a Shimano rear hub and cassette.

Rik
    Free Member

That’s what I thought!

Might just have to see if can pick up another 240 hub cheap.

wwaswas

[edit] now read whole post ignore me

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I *think* you might be able to buy a Hope campag freehub as an aftermarket item. they’ve been promising it for a while on their road Hoops.

King have also started doing Campag friendly road hubs – might be worth a chat with Stu (Kinger from off here) and see if you can bodge an ISO disc hub up with a different freehub body.

Rik
    Free Member

Hope do do a campag body but the road hubs are different to the pro2 so doesn’t fit

Rik
    Free Member

Oooo…..just rung up Hope and the new Pro2 Evo is the same as the road hubs now – so the hope campag cassette body fits on the Evo mtb hubs.

Stans crest on the 29er wheels will be perfect with 32c tyres.

Rik
    Free Member

There now is a easy good value solution

TheBrick
    Free Member

Royce? Can’t the website now but worth a phone call.

Rik
    Free Member

I’ve had Royce hubs before but as beautiful as they look the design has flaws and they were not very reliable because of it.

schmiken

You’ve got a few choices:
    DT Swiss 240, 440, or 190
    Mavic Speedcity hubs
    White Industries M16
    Hope
    Tune King/Kong
    Or the J Tek shiftmate.

HTH.

austinburner
    Free Member

Hi there,
    Just for reference, I had a similar issue.
    After much web searching & phone calls I now run a 10 sp campag group
    on a pro 2 disc hub with a sram cassette & chain.
    Works great.

Rik
    Free Member

Austin – presumably that set up uses a J Tek shiftmate as the cassette spacing is different between campag and shimano/SRAM……

austinburner
    Free Member

Hi Rik,
    No, there is so little in it, I found on a few occasions accounts of using a 10 spd sram cassette with 10 spd campag group. I bought the cassette & compared it to my mates 10 spd campag & the difference is pretty much non existent.
    I have used this set up now for a year on my cross bike & is perfectly fine.
    You can however get hold of campag spaced cassettes to fit shimano freehub – american classic being one.
    cheers

tangent
    Free Member

Hi Rik, was gonna reccomend Royce to you…
    Am interested to hear what the issues were you had with them was?
    Been running a front for several seasons now, but have just gotten the rear hub running for this last few weeks…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Campag Disc Hubs – what's out there?’ is closed to new replies.