Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Camp sites Scarborough ish
  • cp

Thinking of heading to the coast next weekend for a spot of adventure with the 3yr old and the 3 month old. Looking for campsite recommendations on the coast up or down a bit from Scarborough. Basically striking distance from Sheffield.

Ideally near beach and wild adventures (biking etc) for said 3yr old.

Cheers!

johndoh
    Free Member

Humblebee is great – closer to Filey but very well recommended especially with young ‘uns as they have lots of cute animals on site and it’s a lovely small place.

wrightyson
    Free Member

The haven site at flamborough is spot on, nice and clean, good facilities, even a bit of rory the tiger if you can face it, usually really cheap out of holidays too. Lighthouse well worth a trip, bempton cliffs are ace.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cp

thanks both. Wasn’t really thinking of haven-type sites but that’s actually bloomin good value. first time away in a tent with both of them so that could be bob on. crumbs, what’s happening to me.

tinribz
    Free Member

What about near Dalby Forest? Stayed here not so long back. Quiet simple site, no electric but has a shower block, was a few families and fire pits for hire.

Good bike shop in Thornton Le Dale (plus hire), off road route to Dalby Forest. Flamingo land 5 miles one direction. Scarborough 10 miles the other way, Pickering round the corner.

skulldigger
    Free Member

Maybe have a look at “yedmondale” campsite near Ayton. It’s just up the road from me and is very peaceful and just 5 miles from Scarborough.

pocpoc
    Free Member

I’d second the haven for September value. Was just looking at Blue Dolphin – family of 5, 2 dogs, big tent and hook up – £29 for 2 nights including access to the indoor stuff and pool for if the weather is rubbish. Almost rude not to.

wrightyson
    Free Member

The whole “haven” thing is sneered at by quite a lot of folk but the campsite side of things is brilliant due to the facilities you get plus the electric hook up is decent and you can run a heater etc. Weve braved it in October in the past when the kids were younger, with a good kettle you can soon knock a few hot water bottles up for if it’s a really cold night. I think we dropped to about 4 degrees once but it was all part of the adventure.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

If Whitby is close enough to Scarborough for you then we stayed at Broadings Farm campsite. It’s 10 mins away from the track that can take you to Scarborough or Robin Hoods bay, so great for a bike ride or walk. A good 20 mins walk into Whitby itself – though all downhill on the way in, but uphill on the way back…which is ok to work off the fish and chips.

Cougar

My boss has a static caravan at Haven in Reighton Sands. I stayed there last week, it’s lovely. Might be a bit more spendy than you’re looking for but I can hook you up if you like.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Camp sites Scarborough ish’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts