Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Camp Bestival – what do I need to know?
  • woollybackpaul
    Free Member

Off to Camp Bestival this week with my better half and our 2 girls (Three and One*).

First time camping at a festival with the kids, any top tips?

* Yes, we’re aware they’re unusual names.

TIA WBP

CountZero

Leashes. Short ones. Oh, and GPS trackers.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Headphones seem to be the thing these days but we never bothered. Obvs one isn’t going to be much of a hassle but three would definitely be wearing a lanyard or similar with mobile phone numbers on it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nickjb
    Free Member

Go and see bigtopmania. Great for the kids

TheDTs
    Free Member

Marker pen phone number on kids arm.

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

Cheers for the info – lanyard to be sorted tomorrow.

Bigtopmania on the ‘to see’ list.

surfer
    Free Member

That its absolutely Ace…. Went with kids 4 yrs on the row and they loved it. Music great and environment safe. We didnt see anything of concern and our kits were ferrel whilst we were there!

Posh camping recommended as us dads are too old for the grimy camping but even that was civilised.

My kids too old now but a bit jealous at the moment seeing updates on my twitter feed

Enjoy!

jonm81

Allow plenty of time to get there.  All the old codgers are heading down in their caravans blocking the roads along with everyone heading to bestival.  The roads will be gridlocked from Poole to past Wareham.

It is meant to be weewee-ing down here on Sunday so bring waterproofs.

peekay

Check that you booked tickets for the correct festival. Camp Bestival is not the same as Bestival.

Due to somebody’s shonky admin a few years ago, we inadvertently booked tickets to Camp Bestival. We went anyway. Around 10 of us as grown adults,  and I think that we were the only ones there without any children. I think that the headline acts were The Gruffalo live stage show and The Wurzels

Great weekend,  but traffic to get there was on par with the worst of the queues to get to Glastonbury.

binners

Just search for one of the regular threads where STW’s resident WMCCB’s houtilly discuss the relative merits of the organic fairtrade coffee and Somerset Brie in Waitrose, Booths and M&S, and you’re basically going to the living embodiment of that. With backing track that’s like having Giles Peterson on 6 Music on a Saturday afternoon.

Dont forget to post lots of selfies of you with your first mojito of the afternoon 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Camp Bestival – what do I need to know?’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts