Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • Cameron talks about Easter and god etc
  • Cougar

Time for a hot cross bun with coffee – now what is that cross there for?

To sell more buns in April.

Isn’t it a bit odd that in the 21st Century we’re putting a symbol of torture and death on our baked goods? That’s something else I never understood. If there ever is a second coming, the first thing Jesus II is going to see is loads of his followers with little crucifixes around their necks; he’s going to think “Me on a bike, you lot are all taking the piss!”

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Accept the first point – hence the altar of consumerism

On the next one – think it’s a slightly different symbol tbh!!

miketually
    Free Member

now what is that cross there for?

That’s so we can more accurately divide them into four, isn’t it?

theocb
    Free Member

What troubles me about what I see here from time to time is the intolerence and lack of respect for the views and beliefs of others. We happen to be in the middle of one of the most important Jewish festivals as well as one of the most important Christian ones. Let us respect those who are celebrating both and who find strength in their respective faiths at this time

If you are talking about a lack of respect for religious believers then you are talking a load of old tosh!

Let us educate the crackpots away from their nonsensical beliefs and oddball faiths.

gears_suck
    Free Member

Well. He said it wouldn’t be easy!

kimbers

found my 3 year old son writing a letter to the easter bunny today (he cant really write)
    explaining that hed been a good boy and deserved an easter egg

thats about as religious as we get in our house

gears_suck
    Free Member

Fascinating kimbers.

Junkyard
    Free Member

What troubles me about what I see here from time to time is the intolerence and lack of respect for the views and beliefs of others

Tell that Galileo and lots of other folk who were persecuted for having facts that countered the faith of others never mind those who chose to deny the lord.
    Given the tradition – say towards denying the lords existence or of gays marrying in church today- its a bit rich for them to argue about tolerance

Let us respect those who are celebrating both and who find strength in their respective faiths at this time

Can you remind me what the loving and respectful message is towards me for not believing or following their code? I bets it is just lovely what happens to me a s above their hypocrisy in asking for this is most amusing.

the crux of the issue is we think they believe in a fairy story with no evidence to support it. Given this it is hard to respect this choice but it is theirs to make.
    they think we are godless sinners so it is hard for them to respect us.

Northwind

gears_suck – Member

after Muslims have become the only people allowed to openly show their faith in schools, places of business and other public places. After all, now all traces of Christian based influence have been removed from most of those areas

(it’s a satyr OK?)

It’s a legal requirement for schools to provide “”daily collective worship wholly or mainly of a broadly Christian character”. Dur.

gears_suck
    Free Member

I bet those heels play havoc I with your bunions?

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘Cameron talks about Easter and god etc’ is closed to new replies.