Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)
  • Cameron as PM
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone else rather depressed at this idea? Our country is going to be run in a crisis by someone who appears to think politics is some kind of game where you have to sling the most ridiculous insults to win…

I could accept Tories if they looked like they knew what they were doing, but Cam is such a bell-end.

Reminds me of Bush.

geoffj

Give em a couple of years to make a balls of things, Labour will regroup, General Election and be back in power faster than you can say 'What's all this PR nonsense then'.

At least I bloody hope that's what'll happen.

Houns

Seems to me that the only people throwing insults around are everyone but the Tories/Tory supporters

uplink
    Free Member

Anyone else rather depressed at this idea?

Sort of
    but with any luck it will destroy the Tories, it won't be long before the infighting starts

The Libs & the Tories are the perfect storm brewing IMO

thepurist

I'm even more depressed by the idea of Michael Gove having any sort of role in the cabinet – he seems to be a total chinless c*ckmonkey and my local MP to boot.

Still, it'll all be over by Christmas…

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Hey at least "The Market" might be happy.

For it would seem our entire livelihood depends on a bunch of coked up panicking f***kwits who seem to have so much power despite killing our economy that they somehow think they can dictate our politics.

I'd like to cover "The markets" in petrol and acid then set fire to them. Then I'd ask them what they "want" as they burn rapidly to small cinders.

Sorry – random rant.

molgrips
    Free Member

I'm really worried also about this hatchet job they seem to be planning on public services. What do they think will happen if they suddenly slash expenditure? Everything will be ok again? What about all the folk who get canned?

kimbers

whats gonna be the first sleaze scandal?

i reckon

osborne caught on camera at a bestiality puppy farm

molgrips
    Free Member

Still, it'll all be over by Christmas..

Good idea. Cameron, Brown and Clegg should all step down, and we run an election with three new leaders. Great idea.

We'll find out that Thatch has been pulling the strings like Morgana le Fey, and Cameron is Mordred.

porterclough
    Free Member

molgrips – are you seriously saying that Labour wouldn't have had to cut public spending if they had won?

It looks like they've deliberately ducked out of coalition with Lib Dems precisely so they don't have to do the necessary cutting themselves, now they'll pick a new leader in opposition while complaining about 'Tory cuts'.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Seems to me that the only people throwing insults around are everyone but the Tories/Tory supporters

That's because Tories and their supporters deserve to be abused and insulted. 😀

Makes a change anyway; last week all the little Tory boys on here were wetting their pants.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

I'm really worried also about this hatchet job they seem to be planning on public services

Well it won't be fun but can't carry on with this overspending so not too many options.

molgrips
    Free Member

Labour would have cut, but I'd have liked to think they'd have postponed it long enough and done it gradually enough so that the economy would recover to the point where there'd be jobs for the jobless. At least, that's what I interpreted them as saying in their campaign. All Cam said was that he wanted to slash spending and slash it now! Due to the apparently lack of thought they've shown in the last few years I'd be worried that theyd' start slicing just to appease the baying hordes whingeing about budget deficit without any understanding of consequences.

slowjo
    Free Member

Chinless windbag CallmeDave will get played by the Eurosceptics and Osborne…. well he really worries me.

A pretty pickle we'll be in now Lib/Lab talks have broken down (not that a Lib/Lab pact would have made much difference)

porterclough
    Free Member

molgrips – the difference between all three parties plans on reducing the deficit are tiny. The argument about NI and the timing etc. were largely illusory smokescreens to avoid them having to spell out the awful facts to us child-like voters. There's a graph somewhere on the BBC website based on published plans from all three parties, can't find it now, but there are three lines, all going the same way, the difference between them isn't really significant.

GaryLake
    Free Member

I'm amazed at how aggressively and openly 'left' STW is, I figured that with everyone being wealthy IT workers with Audis and Yetis it would be a little more representative on here given the way the vote actually went.

molgrips
    Free Member

I hope you're right PC.

GaryLake – there are a few vocal lefties on here, they are not necessarily representative. Also we're not all IT workers and although we hav enice bikes many of us do not have big houses or big cars. I think most of us are of the opinion that all one needs is a nice bike and time and a place to ride it.

Also this thread is not about tory ideology, it's about bloody Cameron.

Tim
    Free Member

GaryLake – Member

I'm amazed at how aggressively and openly 'left' STW is, I figured that with everyone being wealthy IT workers with Audis and Yetis it would be a little more representative on here given the way the vote actually went.

might be representative of the issues of FPTP 🙂

Theres more lefties than righties (as totals) 😀

Tim
    Free Member

I think most of us are of the opinion that all one needs is a nice bike and time and a place to ride it.

HERE HERE 🙂

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I heard last night he would bring back IDS & Michael Howard. *shudders & looks for garlic*

GaryLake
    Free Member

I think most of us are of the opinion that all one needs is a nice bike and time and a place to ride it.

I can live by that!

carbon337
    Free Member

What will happen to Mandelson? I presume his Lordship is for life so will still be kicking about at the top of the Labour party?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

GaryLake – Member

I find it frighteningly right wing 🙂

I think it depends on your own view but the nasty me me me and begger the rest of you attitudes many folk on here display is rather right wing as is the insistence on swallowing tory propaganda about pensions and so on.

I think STW – or certainly the noisy ones are about 1/3 to the left and 2/3 to the right

tron
    Free Member

I find that lefties are disproportionately vocal, and incredibly committed. I'm tossing time away this afternoon, so I'm quite happy to sit and argue with people who are coming out with reheated rubbish from Ben Elton's 1987 act. Most of the time I have things to do, so it's far easier to just let people ramble on about Thatcher, top hats and monocles, rather than disagree and get 6 irate responses in 5 minutes.

Tim
    Free Member

carbon337 – Member

What will happen to Mandelson? I presume his Lordship is for life so will still be kicking about at the top of the Labour party?

He's discovered immortality and has pics of the queen doing the bad thing

he will never, ever go away

scared yet? 🙂

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

The mere mention of IDS has just sent a feeling of terror and dread through my entire body

Not dissimilar to IBS really

BillyWhizz
    Free Member

who better to understand the needs of the man in the street than a man with 30 million pounds in the bank?

🙂

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

My take – whatever happens we can't change it now so just try and live a life that is as far from government control and learn to adapt and roll with whatever "punches" they deal out.

Tim
    Free Member

Well at least we got rid of this person 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

What annoys me more than anything is the ridiculous vitriolic rants about how past govts have been the worst people in the world ever ever, slagging off every single thing, without making any effort to try and understand what's actually going on.

Some folk look at the faces on telly, hear snippets of what's happened and concoct these bizarre fantasies of evil and insanity, rather than taking the viewpoint that these people are humans, with human failings and aspirations, and try and understand. No-one's that stupid or evil in reality.

Apart from Cameron 😉

backhander
    Free Member

Or Brown. 😀

uplink
    Free Member

or Thatcher

actually – especially Thatcher

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I find that lefties are disproportionately vocal, and incredibly committed.

I agree. It never ceases to amaze me the inability of many Tories/right-wingers on here to express themselves in a convincing manner. Just take Flashheart for example, now I'm sure he tries his best, but clearly the posh public school educated toff isn't up to it 😐 Stoner could undoubtedly do a better job – if only he could be arsed. Aracer doesn't do too bad a job, but he doesn't seem to entirely know whether he is actually a Tory or not. Which leaves it all to ratty (zulu whatsit) And since he represents the most ridiculous and absurd wing of the extreme right in the Tory Party, he's not really worth taking seriously. Yup….. all in all it's pretty depressing 😐

As far as whether the idea of Cameron as PM is depressing, I find the thought of a "Rainbow Coalition" even more depressing.

So it's depression all round, I fear …….

molgrips
    Free Member

Nah, I think Brown was ok – a bit crap at being a politician but ok at getting stuff done. Since being PM involves both those things…

El-bent
    Free Member

Cameron as PM? Superb news. Whether in a coalition with the libdems(which will destroy their party if they do) or as a minority Government, they are compromised and virtually powerless in parliament.

A masterstroke by Labour.

iDave
    Free Member

from guardian

"The note appears to suggest that the party's (lid Dem) share of ministerial roles should be in proportion to its share of votes – approximately 39% of the total. The sheet of paper includes a series of figures evidently showing the rationale behind this claim.

The most eye-catching phrase, apparently referring to government jobs for Clegg's MPs, comes in the final line: "one in each dept"."

tron
    Free Member

The bloke with the glasses has just said that Ken Clarke may become chancellor, with Vince Cable as second in command.

That would be absolutely fantastic in my book. Two experienced people with fairly sane views.

tron
    Free Member

Cameron as PM? Superb news. Whether in a coalition with the libdems(which will destroy their party if they do) or as a minority Government, they are compromised and virtually powerless in parliament.

A masterstroke by Labour.

That's a somewhat perverse position to take. We need the government to sort out the economy and make the cuts that need to be made. If the government can't, yes, it will reflect badly on whoever's in power, but it will also mean genuine problems for everyone in the UK.

To me, that's rather more important than party politics.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Two experienced people

Just the one has experience in government/cabinet/number 11. The other one has no experience at all.

Northwind

Not too bothered with the idea of a Tory government or Cameron as PM, he's an empty suit of course but then so was Tony Blair, the only time Blair ever caused us real problems was when he actually had an opinion.

On the other hand, Osborne as chanceller properly curls my toes.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘Cameron as PM’ is closed to new replies.