Camera Gray Import question

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Camera Gray Import question
  • mrsfry

Canon EOS 7D Mark II DSLR Camera £826

Saw this on Panamoz.com is it a ok place to buy from and what is a gray import (did Google but i’m drunk so i thought i’d ask here)

Thank you

Defender

Gray/Grey imports are ones that were originally destined for another market, ie. USA, Asia, Canada, Austrailia etc.
    They might not have the same level of warranty support that the home market product does?
    They were very popular back in the 80’s but the internet and open European market has reduced this somewhat.

I’ve had a good experience with Panamoz and saved a packet buying an Olympus OM-D …just check that Canon have an international warranty first though. Panamoz are based in Hong Kong I think, and ship direct from there hence they are grey imports I.e. Not through The official importer.

andyl

import and VAT will add a fair bit too if you are importing yourself.

Premier Icon simonpedley
    Subscriber

I bought a canon dslr from slrhut, all was fine until it developed a fault. It was a nightmare getting it sorted and took 4 weeks to get my money back! I bought my replacement from John Lewis so no more return issues.

Premier Icon eddiebaby
    Subscriber

Buy grey from Hdew Cameras all the time. No problems and a 3 year warranty from them here in the UK.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

I bought a canon dslr from slrhut, all was fine until it developed a fault.

I believe the problem there is SLRhut rather than grey imports generally.

Mine’s been back to Olympus UK twice now, no problems at all …they even arrange the courier to collect.

Premier Icon simonpedley
    Subscriber

I think you’re right cougar. To apologise they sent me some accessories which I chose from their website. However what they sent was cheap alternatives. They also wanted me to adjust my online review which I initially did to make it more positive. I will never use them again, or recommend them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Camera Gray Import question’ is closed to new replies.