Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Camera Bags – sling or not?
  • robbo
    Free Member

Anyone any experience with these sling type camera bags? I’m looking for a bag to carry camera, two lenses, flash and bits and fancy a sling type bag where you can slide it to your front to take out camera etc then load it back for a bit of riding. Any recommendations/experience?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i’ve got lowepro AW200

it’ll carry all that with ease, comfy to wear but no use on the bike as it jumps around too much

stumpy01

I’ve got a Lowe Pro Slingshot which is pretty good. It’s the 200AW, which is the second biggest in the range. I can only just get a D80 with 18-135 on it, plus a 70-300mm VR lens into the main compartment.
    If it wasn’t for the bulk of the 70-300, then I could probably get two lens’ in with the body & 18-135 but it’s worth trying your kit out in one before you decide on a size – I didn’t and wish I’d gone for the size up.
    There will be no way of wedging a flashgun into the bag when i finally get round to buying one.

Apart from that it’s a good bag. Only other gripe (apart from size) is that it can be awkward to change lens’ over. Not sure if that just relates to this bag though or bags in general – I imagine one of the large, square bags that has a shoulder strap and sits on your hip would make it easier to swap lens’.
    Also as already said, I can’t imagine this bag being any good for cycling with unless gentle cruising along.

Ewok
    Free Member

Another vote for the slingshot (100AW in my case, smallest).

I take with me;
    d70s
    Sigma 18-50 f2.8 (chunky lens)
    a couple of primes
    two flashes

batteries cleaning etc

Stumpy, I found you can quite happily fit a speedlight in the top compartment, my sb 600 and 800 both fit, although not at the same time.

stumpy01

yep, ewok you’re probably right but I have filled that convenient spot up with a load of filters (that I never use anymore).
    I’m sure with a bit of a fiddle I could get more in, but the 70-300 really seems to eat into the usable space and the fact that my ‘kit’ lens is 18-135 so fairly long also doesn’t help!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i put the speedlight in above the attached lens of the camera (normally 18-200vr, seems to fit fine even with D300 and grip

happysnapper
    Free Member

I’ve got a slingshot 200 too. It’s a good bag but I found it got uncomfortable if you were carrying it any distance (all the weight is pretty much on one shoulder). I’m not really using mine any more if you’re interested? It’s in top nick. Make me an offer if you want.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Camera Bags – sling or not?’ is closed to new replies.