Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Camelbak – washing machine??
  • stox
    Free Member

It stinks .. I can’t keep living with a stinky backpack .. The bladder is fine – it’s the pack itself where it sits on my back.

Assume it will be ok in the washing machine if I put it inside something to stop the straps flapping all over??

johnners
    Free Member

I’ve done it a few times with no problems.

northernerindevon

Aye, I frequently wash my M.U.L.E with no adverse effects…

acidchunks

I need to do mine as well.

going to use non bio on a 30 degree wash, reckon it’ll be fine. 🙂

warpcow
    Free Member

Done it loads of times (30°, gentle). Someone recommended using one of those bra washing bags before. I used one the first time and have forgotten since and it doesn’t seem to have made any difference.

jonnyrockymountain

Same here put it in a washing bag then 30 degree with soap flakes or non bio
    Done it loads of times with Camlebak,osprey,dakine etc

baldman
    Free Member

Been doing mine for years with no problems, just put it in with your biking gear – gloves, helmet pads etc all go in too!

mrphil
    Free Member

Just make sure the straps are tight on the bag and also any clips.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Mine is in right now on a 40 cotton wash with halo. That normally sorts it out.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes the straps catching is the main thing to worry about but its fine to wash it

teasel
    Free Member

Just put it in a pillow case to avoid the catching etc. folk are mentioning.

Stinky Goatbak avoided…

timraven

No problem, I just clip all the straps together and bung it on a 40 wash.

I do mine about 3 times a year.

lipseal
    Free Member

Yep do mine in a washing bag and I use the bag to put my pads in for washing too.

doubledunter
    Free Member

Been washing my MULE for three years now , no problem, sometimes wishing something would happen to it so I have an excuse to go buy another 😀 …seems to be indestuctable those camelbaks

myheadsashed

As per teasel, put it in an old large pillow case and comes out like new. Don’t use fabric softener.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Just washed my mule and dakine apex at 60, came out a treat as usual.

francisco
    Free Member

I send my evoc backpack to the washing machine every 2-3 rides, along with the 5-10.

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

No worries, been doing a north face pack for years, then waterproof. Only wish I could do the same for my stinky helmet….

uselesshippy
    Free Member

whats the worse that could happen…..

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Camelbak – washing machine??’ is closed to new replies.