Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Camelbak Mule or Evoc Stage 12 ?
  • iainc

For carrying a bit of kit when doing multi-day stuff on gravel bike ? I have a bigger Evoc, and a Camelbak Kudu, both with back protectors, for more big hill off road stuff, but needing a lighter pack to take some tools and clothes. Heavy stuff is in a Revelate Pika Seatpack. Both cost about the same in current deals.

anyone got experiences of either, current models ?

iainc

Well I’ve taken a punt on the Evoc as currently on a good deal with SportsPursuits. Seems to get good enough reviews.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi

I have a Mule LR and Evoc Stage and to be honest you wouldn’t have gone wrong with either.

I also have a bigger Evoc FR Enduro (I think) with back protector for gnarly stuff but my go to pack for everyday rides currently is the Stage.

Cheers

Steve

iainc

Good to know, thanks. I have an FR Trail Blackline (20l) with the protector which is great but huge and heavy and I use for big hill days when I have a lot of kit or with a group. It’s too weighty for what I’m after for gravel multiday stuff though. I also use it sat morning coaching but reckon the Stage 12 will take the required FA kit, tools and plastic cones (in the helmet straps) and weigh a load less.

dougiedogg
    Free Member

I have a camelbak mule, very good pack although limited in space.

Oh by the way don’t put it in the wash, the spin cycle will tear it apart, I have destroyed two by not realising this is what happened to the first one.

iainc

^^^^^ yeah, I had an old one, maybe 6 yrs plus back and after going in the wash it became very soft and lost any little proofing it had !

joemmo
    Free Member

I have a 3 yr old Mule and didn’t expect it to last very well when it arrived, it felt a lot flimsier than my 1st gen Mule (which is still going too) but its been really good. Not in the slightest bit waterproof but a reliable bag for all day riding.

I’d never machine wash stuff like this though, just a sponge and soapy water should be enough surely?

iainc

Agree, that was the one and only time I tried a machine wash !

I find my larger EVOC reasonably splash proof and the Stage 12 looks like it’s made of the same material.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Camelbak Mule or Evoc Stage 12 ?’ is closed to new replies.