Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Camelbak KUDU 12 experiences?
  • braddersrm
    Free Member

I’m looking for a new hydration pack, nothing too big but something that sits neatly on my back.

I used to have mule which i was happy with but having liked the look of the evoc range I sold it and got a freerider enduro. Kind of wish I didn’t as the length of the bag is quite long, despite me getting the small one. I’m a short bloke, with a short back and the added back protection kind of makes it sit low at the base of back and my helmet hits the tops of the bag.

So looking for a new pack, the camelbak kudu 12 looks good, although it has back protection too. Does anyone know if these come up excessively longer than the camelbaks without back protection?

theGrinder

great bag, great size – runs hot. seems to have just enough pockets to fit your gear, wallet/phone in top wee pocket. Bladder in its own compartment. I do not use the tool roll or even pack it in there.
    waist pockets – multi-tool and tyre levers in zipped left hand waist pocket, food/bars in elasticated right hand waist pocket. occasionally use the expanding capability if I nip to shops for food and need padlocks!

for me – just the right size tho I do find the back protector makes it “warm”. for “normal” riding the 12L capacity it spot on.

sweaman2
    Free Member

Been looking at this bag as well. It does claim to be slightly longer than my normal bag with a torso length of 48cm (my normal bag is an Octane 18X and it has a torso length of 41cm) based on the web.

braddersrm
    Free Member

Thanks for the input. I agree with the tool roll, seems a lot of unnecessary bulk. Capacity wise I reckon it would be spot on, just enough for what I really need, couple of nibbles, lightweight waterproof jacket, phone, cash etc.

I think I’m just going to have to order one to get one on my back and try it out. The alternative is to go with the mule at 15L capacity without the back protector (and shorter length) I reckon or a different brand altogether.

squealer
    Free Member

I’ve got one and love it.

If I was buying again though I’d buy the bigger one. It’s not Much bigger on the back and I find for long days out that the small one is a bit tight for space.

How about You buy the bigger one, find it’s too much for you and I’ll swap it for my smaller one?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Camelbak KUDU 12 experiences?’ is closed to new replies.