Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Camelbak and their ilk
  • woody21
    Free Member

i am looking at getting a new hydration / back pack. I am currently using a Camelbak Mule (which is about 10 years old) but I am finding that it doesn’t hold that much so I am looking for something a little bigger. I am looking at the Camelbak Mule NV – has anyone got one and if so is it any good (and bigger)? Are there any alternatives, I have been looking at Evoc’s, so I am pretty open to suggestions

slimporcini
    Free Member

I have a camelback mule and recently got an evoc free ride enduro. There is quite a difference in size, the evoc being quite a bit larger, however if you can get past that it is a very comfortable bag to have on your back.

shredder
    Free Member

Osprey Raptor 10 or 14 superb pack with IMO a better bladder than Camelbaks.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I always used to use Camelbacks but have since bought an Evoc which I really like. It seems to be well made and is holding up pretty well two years later.

My last Camelback rotted, hence me looking elsewhere.

PrinceJohn

The Osprey packs are brilliant, loads of little features, as impressed with mine as I first was when I got a camelbak, also more reasonably priced.

creamegg
    Free Member

Evoc bags ate the comfiest ive used. Well thought out bits of kit too

deadkenny
    Free Member

Bigger than Mule is the Hawg, but it’s very big really. Depends what you want to carry. I used my Hawg for years and had half a bike shop in the thing, but then realised I generally don’t need all that. So got an Osprey. viper 7, which holds very little but I wanted something that would discourage me from taking much stuff on a ride.

I like the Hawg though for when I do want to take lots of stuff. Particularly if I shove the SLR in there. I use it more for skiing these days though. It does compact down if there’s less stuff in it.

The NV stuff is just more weather proof I think, and mine had a harder back.

Not used an Evoc but from those I’ve seen they have more volume but there’s no organisation inside, just big empty space, and don’t seem padded.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Not used an Evoc but from those I’ve seen they have more volume but there’s no organisation inside, just big empty space, and don’t seem padded.

My Evoc pack has more than enough organisation for me…mesh pockets to stash a tube, multi tool, CCDBa tool, chain tool, tyre levers, bars etc.

woody21
    Free Member

Many thanks for the pointers – I think I might go for the Osprey Raptor 10 or the 14

onewheelgood

I won an Osprey Raptor 14 in the MM Christmas Comp – haven’t used it yet,but it looks brilliant. Loads of clever design features.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Camelbak and their ilk’ is closed to new replies.