Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Camcorder thoughts?!
  • tankslapper
    Free Member

Hi all

Looking at buying a decent reasonably priced camcorder. Its all changed a bit over the past years since I last had one so what's good and what's not?

Like the DVD option so I can bung the results straight into the home DVD player.

cheers

tankslapper
    Free Member

Anyone?

AndyPaice
    Free Member

you wanting to use it for riding / with a helmet cam? DVD is supposed to be bad for that as the disc wobbles with shock as doesn't burn well or something like that. most modern cam corders don't have an AV in port either so that rules out helmet cams.

MartynS

maybe look for something that goes onto a flash card or something like that. The DVD ones are a bit nasty imo. With a card recorder you can at least download to the pc and edit it

tankslapper
    Free Member

Dam! Should have said its not for biking. Basically looking at something for the family, kids etc.

Flash cards sound good; talk to me about it..

cheers

fubar
    Free Member

I chose a JVC Everio model..hard disk based one with a slot for memory cards too…I like it but it isn't a High-Definition model, but I preferred the fact that I could record quite a few hours to the disk without messing around with discs/ cards etc. Worth a look.

davy-g
    Free Member

rolling shutter is a problem when recording in HDV..(CMOS Chips) http://www.dvxuser.com/jason/CMOS-CCD/

I have a Canon XM1 that has had little use, comes complete with bag,extra batteries, tripod, etc,etc,etc,,, this camera is classed as "semi pro" as it records broadcast quality footage and 16:9 widescreen

wors

I've got a JVC Everio, that i'm thinking of selling if you are interested

MG-EK50 is the model

tankslapper
    Free Member

Hi Wors

Can't seem to find that model number – could you give me a better idea of which one it is in the Everio range

Cheers

wors

Sorry tankslapper its gz-mg50ek

its this one
    bought it 3 years ago.

iainc

tankslapper – we were wanting the same thing a few months ago, and didn't want a big bulky thing or anything that would be hard to use. ended up buying a Flip from Amazon – it's about the same size as a mobile, records 60 mins and plugs straight into pc through a pop out usb – great wee pice of kit and also plugs direct into tv. can't reccomend it enough

snakebite
    Free Member

I got one of those Kodak HD camcorders,£97 about the size of an iphone, 2 AA batteries and takes upoto a 16gig card, easy to use, stunning HD picture quality on my big telly, HD/AV leads. Argos are doing em at the moment i think http://shop.kodak.co.uk/store/ekconseu/en_GB/pd/Zi6_Pocket_Video_Camera/productID.147425700

tankslapper
    Free Member

Wors

email in profile, talk to me

TS

beanum

The Sanyo Xacti range looks good. It records to a memory card and you can use it as a camera too. You can even get a HD one that's waterproof (shoots underwater type waterproof)..

Sanyo Xacti

wors

will mail tonight TS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Camcorder thoughts?!’ is closed to new replies.