• This topic has 97 replies, 79 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by juan.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)
  • Calling old-timers. How are you?
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Salut, mon vieux!

markrh
    Free Member

Since the final year that sleepless in the saddle was at Trentham gardens whenever that was..Collected lots of scars along the way but still more or less intact 😉

Ambrose

Greetings from Wales. I’m still here.

juan
    Free Member

hello everyone.

Nice to see some familiar faces around here 😀
    Rocketdog yes still ride HT in the mountains it’s the only way I can cope up with Ebikes uphill 😉 (BTW Ebikes are AE)
    Cfh nice to hear from you 😉
    Chipps still wearing horrible tartan bibs?
    Molgrips the question shouldn’t be how the riding is doing more like how the post riding is doing 😉
    Onion we all do but I like your adventures on the bike 😉
    Bunny */Wave/*
    Pete I ahve no idea what you’re talking about 😉
    Tracey glad to here everyone in the family still rides bikes 😀

Beagleboy

Been lurking around since the days of Gofar. Think my mag subscriber No. is 633, so I just missed out on the introductory subscriber offers to the first 500. Still miffed at that. Don’t really post much, but I do enjoy surfing the threads.

surfer
    Free Member

Not sure exactly but was introduced to the site by Daisy-Duke when we worked together from 96…. It was some time after that I joined but I remember at least a couple of major crashes so probably 16+ yrs….

rOcKeTdOg

Think my mag subscriber No. is 633, so I just missed out on the introductory subscriber offers to the first 500. Still miffed at that.

are you a creative accountant? 133 away is hardly “just” away from 500 😊

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Bonjour Juan.
    Been here since 2005, seems like just a few months ago,where’s the time gone??
    Only been out on the mountain bike once this year I’m still using 26′ wheels & I don’t bounce as well as I used to.I also got a gravel bike the other year,I think it’s more suited to the terrain I ride these days… but I’m doing more miles than ever out on the road bike.

matt_outandabout

Who you calling old?

juan
    Free Member

Who you calling old?

:D:D:D:D

oldgit
    Free Member

I still pop in and out, but mainly because I’m just confused

miketually
    Free Member

Think my mag subscriber No. is 633, so I just missed out on the introductory subscriber offers to the first 500.

I think I’m subscriber 133. I remember someone from STW once saying that the first 100 subs were reserved as gifts for industry people, so I must have been the 33rd subscriber?

mogrim

Waves!

swavis

Hello, I think I remember meeting you at JoJo’s 40th?
    I’ve been lurking about here since around 2005, I certainly remember the hack.

MrSparkle

I still come on but nowhere near as often. Things change.

franksinatra

Looking in my profile history my first post in there is 10 years ago. I was around before the hack though, no idea when I started posting. When did the forum actually start?

juan
    Free Member

Hello, I think I remember meeting you at JoJo’s 40th?

I was at Jojo’s 40th indeed (gosh was that really 10 years ago 😐 )

When did the forum actually start?

Back in the days where the chat forum was named coffee forum 😉

muddyfoxcourier
    Free Member

I think it’s fair to say anyone that has been MTBING for around a decade has earned some kind of stripes.
    32 yrs for me.

Struggling the last 6mo .
    Stiff neck / shoulder thing.

Probably not posted here in 5yrs.
    I got a heads up about the Sleaford Mods post…

About that stiff neck…

simondbarnes

Hola Juan! Estoy bien gracias! Estoy aprendiendo español. Lo siento 🙂

ajc
    Free Member

Just logged on and found I have an unread message from a year ago and then found this thread. Needless to say not here often. Joined a very long time ago, must be 15 years or more. Is Hora still around and changing his bike every 5 minutes?

ART

Ha .. we were literally just talking about ‘what happened to Hora’ There are definitely a few contenders among current posters … won’t mention them though 😉

CountZero

Hola Juan! I think I discovered the forum in 2003, so 16 years ago. Haven’t ridden for a few years now, a stupid low-speed off damaged my knee and my confidence on the bike, and the subsequent arthritis is making walking uncomfortable now, so I’m just an interested bystander.
    Still on here most days though. Glad you’re well, good to see you’re still around.
    😁

neilthewheel

Hola! Been around since I bought my Orange Evo2 in 2001. Still nobody will talk to me.

DezB
    Free Member

The hack was 10 years ago – Christmas 2008

Edukator
    Free Member

Adishatz. 9 more days, maybe more… .

loddrik
    Free Member

About 13 years or thereabouts. Don’t post much at the moment. Still read though.

lambchop
    Free Member

15 years for me. Don’t ride any more but the chat forum gets a daily visit.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Been here since the start but don’t post much now as Auntie has gotten old & stopped flirting with everyone 😉

scotroutes

The hack was 10 years ago – Christmas 2008

offthepace
    Free Member

It’s been so long since I shipped out that I rarely stick my nose in here now. I just did and this reminded me of just how long ago it was since I last turned a crank in anger (or at all) – 16 years? I’m not sure I should thank you for pointing that out

winston
    Free Member

Coming here for too many years. Used to be Cube and Cubed (when I had one of the first imported!) Remember plenty of good Hora baiting, Mr and Mrs Flash, the great badger thread, the Prawn and many more…happy days.

chewkw
    Free Member

I think I have been here since 2001. 🤔

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Badger

juan
    Free Member

yeap the badger thread, the helmet debates, the friday minogue obviously the picolax thread, the london olympics logo thread, the friday riding pic and so and so

I am glad to see some familiar names on here 😀

PJay
    Free Member

Hi Juan

I’m still here (seemingly a perpetual noob) and signed up long before the hack; time flies!

Squirrel

I’ve been here so long I think I was here before there was even a forum….

trumpton
    Free Member

I am still here after about 15 years, but have changed my name a few times.

bakey

Hello there Juan.

Been here for 12 years or so… Whatever happened to Fred?

plumber
    Free Member

Hi Juan,

Remember you of course,

I was here considerably pre hack

I’m near London if I can help in any way

Harry_the_Spider

Here since 2006 I think. Started under a different name and changed it after The Hack.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Calling old-timers. How are you?’ is closed to new replies.