Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Calling cambridgeshire locals: LBS in Ely
  • Helios
    Free Member

I’ve read on here somewhere a comment which said that Ely has a very good bike shop, and that lots of people from Cambridge and around go there to get forks serviced.

But. Searchie no workie…

I can’t find the thread, and certainly can’t find the name of the shop. Can anyone help please?

Grizla
    Free Member

City cycle centre?

I’m not sure if it’s the one you are thinking of, but it is a bike shop in Ely.

I’ve never been in there mind.

gringojimi
    Free Member

JT Cycles in Chettisham is probably the one.

Luminous
    Free Member

Aye, Go see Jerry at JT cycles. He’s built up a few sets of wheels for me, no issues with anything I’ve bought from him.

richmars

Yes, JT Cycles. Currently building me a set.

rivalschools
    Free Member

Definitely go see Jerry at JT Cycles and avoid City Cycle Centre. I had a new chainset fitted there a few years ago, a week later one of the cranks worked loose, I took it back and was told ‘it’s a cheap chainset, these things happen’ 😯 Took it to Jerry, who sorted it out for no charge, hence why all my business since then has gone to him, top bloke.

+1 on the quality of his wheels, I have a pair of XT hubs on Mavic 717s 5 yrs old, still as true as the day I bought them.

Helios
    Free Member

Ta very much – I was scared it might be city cycles which does indeed look shocking….

JT Cycles it is

richmars

In defense of City Cycles, its fine buying there, they have a good selection of bits and spares, plus a good model section, plus lots of Lego.

cheers_drive

Indeed City Cycles does have a great selection of toys and airfix models. I’ve not made it to JT yet but since moving here I’ve not done enough riding to warrant spending.
    Does any of you lot ride with Ely and district cc? I thinking of giving them a go this weekend but I’ve never ridden with a proper road club and I’m a bit out of shape at the moment.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Calling cambridgeshire locals: LBS in Ely’ is closed to new replies.