• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by joat.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Calling Arb workers, what helmet?
  • Houns

I’m after a new helmet. As I’m wearing it all day (even when not doing tree work) it needs to be comfortable and the pads need to be washable. My current helmet (basic Stihl) is making my head itch (at the rear where the plastic adjustable strap is) and the ear defenders are pretty useless.

What do you use/recommend? Ta.

sparkyrhino

Wear a climbing lid alot at work too, our new lids are JSL very comfy indeed, lightyears better than our old plastic craddled/strapped jobbies,Have seen arb style ones too👍🏼

Houns

Thanks, shall take a looksie

mcmoonter
    Free Member

The best addition I’ve made to my Stihl helmet was fitting decent ear defenders. I ended up buying a stand alone pair and a pair which were a single screw swap for those that came as a standard figment on my Stihl lid.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Peltor-H540A-411-SV-Optime-III-Muffs/dp/B078GG3LC3

cleetonator

In true STW style, recommend what you’ve got:

Cheap: Husqvarna Functional Forest helmet. Cheap, comfy and gets the job done day in day out.

Expensive: Protos Integral Arborist (or Forest). Very spendy, very comfy, makes you look like a power ranger.

I tend to reach for the Protos most of the time, but if you’re just on the ground all the time stick with the husky.

Houns

That would be an option if the helmet was comfortable and had decent pads (took them out to rinse in cold water and they’ve gone to ****)
    Sadly there’s no arb suppliers nearby, only farm stores that sell Stihl and Oregon so can’t go try few on

Edit. Use Husky at the NT I volunteer at, but they’re old and a bit skanky with a leather brow pad, what’s the padding like on newer ones?

dashed
    Free Member

I’ve got a Husky Forest – think it was recommended on ArbTalk. I don’t wear it often but when I do it’s a full day at a time – very comfortable, ear defenders work.

dashed
    Free Member

Actually, mine’s the Forest Technical. Think I paid about 50 quid (not the £110 on the Husky website!)

regenesis
    Free Member

Protos – there really is no comparison.

joat

Always worn a Husky forester’s, well balanced and comfy. Never washed the brow band though, I think it’s in balance with my skin bacteria, I have sensitive skin too.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Calling Arb workers, what helmet?’ is closed to new replies.