Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Calling all women who road race in Scotland
  • dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

The Lakes APR feminine on 18 March faces cancellation due to not enough women entering it. The deadline has been extended to 11 March.

Please can you pass this onto anyone you know who might be interested in racing. It is a great event for novices as well as more experienced racers. It is really important to support races like this as without them, the women’s race scene won’t exist in Scotland and there will be no opportunities for women who are interested in racing to try a novice friendly race.

Lakes Feminine APR

Mods, i hope its ok to push for entries. I’m not involved in the race in any other capacity other than to race and i think it’d be a shame if it got cancelled. If its not ok to post this, please delete.

njee20
    Free Member

If both of them have entered already surely you’ll need people from England to come up there 😉

hels
    Free Member

Hi DGOAB – where is the best place to promote women’s races ?

I have been charged with organising the womens event at the Peebles Sprint Crit on 29th May as part of Tweedlove (mostly because I moaned so much that there wasn’t a women’s race last year) so as soon as the promotional material comes out I’ll be hitting all the forums and clubs !

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I don’t mind where the women come from as long as they enter! 9 more are needed or it’s cancelled 😥

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Hi Hels. Braveheart is one place. There’s a new fb group set up for women interested in racing, it has nearly 200members in 24 hrs! Pm me and I’ll add you to the group. Filles a velo blog is another. I’ll post it on my blog which will also be on VeloUK. Can you give me some info on it – I’ve entered an RR the day before but may prefer the crit depending on length etc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Calling all women who road race in Scotland’ is closed to new replies.