Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Calling all Bristol show-offs
  • MrAgreeable

A pretty tidy photographer I know has come up with an idea to swell the coffers of Bristol's local trail maintenance group. He's holding a photo shoot which riders can join for a small donation to the war chest. In return participants will get some pro quality photos of their riding. We're talking remote flashes, post-production, and anything else it takes to make your skillz on the bike look gooood. 😉

The session is tomorrow night, starting at 6 pm, so if you want to join in then drop me an email (in my profile) and I'll fill you in on the details.

If you need more convincing, check out Paul's site at http://www.paulhobbsphotography.com/

cynic-al
    Free Member

Look forward to some top "mbr car-park" shots!

MrAgreeable

Heh heh. I went to a talk by Seb Rogers and how he gets some of his shots is fairly shocking. But it pales besides the techniques that car mags like Max Power use – apparently the baz-chariots on the cover are all being pushed along at 5 mph while the guy gets his panning shot…

MrAgreeable

The photos came out good. Real good!

If anyone wants to have a look and critique Paul's technique or our lame-arse riding, the full set of photos is here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bristoltrailsgroup

vanilla83
    Free Member

Heh heh. I went to a talk by Seb Rogers and how he gets some of his shots is fairly shocking.

Such as? Or are you exaggerating again for effect?

MrAgreeable

Sorry, can't give away trade secrets. 🙂 You'll have to come to the next one, or sign up to one of his courses.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Could you not find a hill for this kid to ride down? 🙂

MrAgreeable

The "kid" in the photo is actually a dad – I met him when he had the allotment next door to mine! That photo was more for the backdrop than the trail, but Paul also got some that tick the radness box. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Calling all Bristol show-offs’ is closed to new replies.