Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Calling all small/medium Ibis Mojo HD/HDR 160mm Owners
  • CalLookUK
    Free Member

So, it looks like I am in the market for a new frame.

The Mojo HDR is top of the list as I can line up a bit of a deal on one! 😉

Problem I have is I am in between a small and a medium.

I am 5′ 8″ but have a rather ape like 28″ inside leg (on a good day), so am worried about stand over, but don’t want to be cramped.

Any suggestions on shops with demo bikes available in small/medium or any owners in the Surrey/Hampshire/Berkshire area willing to meet up for a beer and a bit of tyre kicking? – I am in Fleet, near Swinley Forest.

I will be initially running 26″ wheels on an HDR 160mm.

Let me know!

Cheers,

Steve

MrGFisher
    Free Member

I’m 5’9 and ride a medium HD. I’d say you’ll be a medium. They do size a bit small.

CalLookUK
    Free Member

I am leaning towards the medium, but the stand over scares me a little – but I am a bit old school, I ride a small Cotic Soul.

Completely different beast the Mojo HDR obviously!

Cheers 🙂

jim79
    Free Member

I’m 5’8″ with 29″ inside leg, med fits me perfectly.

CalLookUK
    Free Member

Cheers for the replys fellas!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

They size up small. Medium for you I reckon.

titusrider
    Free Member

Im 5’7 and ride a medium Mojo SL – just fits me – Reach I like, standover can be iffy on dodgy ground but fine on the flat

d45yth
    Free Member

The standover is about the same on all of them, the larger ones just having more seat-tube sticking up above the top-tube.

waldo1
    Free Member

Definitely medium

CalLookUK
    Free Member

thanks fellas, just measure my inside leg with my riding shoes on, 29.5″!

Medium it is, still keen to ride/stroke one before I take the plunge though 🙂

MrGFisher
    Free Member

Bit far for you I know, but Swinnertons on Cannock chase have a medium HD 160 demo and a medium Ripley. Also One Planet Adventure at Llandegla have a few HD demos. Only Ibis dealer I know down south is Moose Cycles within the Urban Death Maze.

CalLookUK
    Free Member

I’ll take a look, cheers.

geetee1972
    Free Member

I’m 5′ 10″ and have long legs also. Having tried a medium quite extensively I would say it’s a little on the small side for me but only marginally so. They do come up small relative to other manufacturer’s medium.

Head for the Hills in Dorking, Surrey have a demo SLR I think. Roger, Dan or Jamie are the guys to talk to.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Calling all small/medium Ibis Mojo HD/HDR 160mm Owners’ is closed to new replies.