Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • Calling all photographers – who is up for One Photo Everyday 2010?
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

Blimey – looks like there will be a flood of images come January.

Here is the introduction to someone else's 365 to inspire you all:

This year – 2009 I will be taking a photo a day.

It’s a difficult undertaking but I have
    lots of reasons for wanting to do this
    – To serve as a visual way to remember 2009 in the years and decades to come….. the sights, sounds, places, faces, things.
    – Understand and review the changes that I might need to make in my life
    – To view the world and appreciate its beauty every single day
    – To notice the little things that we all take for guaranteed.
    – Become a better photographer and challenge my self to take the best photos I possibly can with a very modest digital camera.

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

Been a member of the group for a while now, I was going to start on the 1st Jan……….

Thanks for the reminder.

beanum

Just signed up, thanks for the reminder!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Will you lot please stop joining up now……….

I've been doing it for 12 months now and each month we have a mini competition for the best shot………………..

I've never won……………..

With this many joining I've no chance 🙁

Stop it now………….

Actually being an admin for the pool and while Simons away I think I've fake a win this summer……..No one will notice

lister-hooded
    Free Member

I've wandered over and signed up asa this may just give me the inspsiration and reasin I need to take more ( and hopefully better ) shots in 2010 …
    I had thought of doing similar anyway but had not heard of groups like this so a BIG THANKS for setting it up and passing the info on.

Fatboyslow on 365

Andy B in RL

simonralli2
    Free Member

John

Well what you need is cunning skill like myself to engineer a genuine win 😀

Oh and she may post a pic of herself now the baby is nearly due 😯

See what you guys who are not involved in this are missing out on? heh

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Simon – I think while you're away I'll forget to run a vote one month and on the 3rd day of the next monthdeclare it too late and use one of my own.

When is it you're away again? 😉

rOcKeTdOg

i've never won either, the best don't need recognition eh john?

simonralli2
    Free Member

Cunning plan cunning. But don't forget Modalshift could be making a comeback so we will need all the fudging we can muster between us if we are to have any chance 😀

theginjaninja
    Free Member

"lugging a D70"…

I carried round a D70 for most of the year and now use a D300. I find the little 35mm prime keeps the weight down and allows some better low light stuff. It's almost always in my bag.

lister-hooded
    Free Member

Quick question on " etiquette " for the photos…

Is it originals only ( with a bit of cropping )

or can you also do a bit of touching up before posting them ?

Wouldn't like to get off on wrong foot ,

apologies for asking question here rather than on group forum but can't access that from work

andyl46
    Free Member

Good stuff, should encourage me to carry my camera more!

simonralli2
    Free Member

Lister

Hi I am glad you have raised the issue of etiquette as some people have seen fit to add one or two photos from 2007, and for others the concept of just ONE photo a day proved too taxing, posting 2 pics instead. You would have thought the hint was in the title of the group 😀

We did have a conversation about this in the group. When I started the group I wanted it to be as laid back as possible so adding effects is fine, and in the group are one or two students who practice their techniques and have come up with some cool pics. So yeah, basically we need a photo taken on that day.

At the start of the group someone posted a pic with a trail of car lights in the dark and that led to a few of us trying out the technique. And then someone posted a "camera toss" photo so i tried it out too – this photo below is me putting the camera on a long exposure then trowing it in the air – no effects at all!

I've just posted pic 364 out of 365 – so near to the completion of the challenge!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/simonralli/4228286158/

theginjaninja
    Free Member

is it originals only ( with a bit of cropping )

or can you also do a bit of touching up before posting them ?

Wouldn't like to get off on wrong foot ,

apologies for asking question here rather than on group forum but can't access that from work

Don't think there's any problem editing and cropping. People have different opinions on HDR and other effects but I think as long as it was taken on the right day and you don't cheat it's a goer! Most of mine are processed in Lightroom for levels, sharpening, cropped and the odd effect applied – ie B+W or a film type simulation such as Fuji Velvia.

Good luck.

Off to find an image for today then think about what to do for my last one.

mr_whacky
    Free Member

Ooh – sounds like fun, and a challenge at the same time!

im always up for learning more about taking cool pics…

count me in.. i joined the group. Pete_6

beanum

For those of you (like me) who may have to resort to using an iPhone to take the occasional daily photo might be interested in a couple of new (to me) apps in the App Store.

One is "GorillaCam", it's free and gives you some useful options like a framing grid, spirit level and "touch anywhere" shutter button.. It also does time lapse, self-timer and even 3-second bursts…

The other is "Hipstamatic" and this costs £1.19 and it basically adds Holga-type distortions and colour tints to your shots. There is a choice of virtual lenses and virtual film (with pricey add-on packs).

hth

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well I have to say this time next year will be interesting to see who made it!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

My last biking shot of the year today.

091230 The Marin Trail At It's Best

Unless I can't think of one tomorrow while I'm upgrading some bits, who knows?

I've just had a quick count and about 81 of this years pictures I've contributed have something to do with bikes. I must try harder in 2010
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/25655510@N02/sets/72157612202073656/

But my funniest one is this one
    090714 The Funniest Thing On A Ride

simonralli2
    Free Member

Heh – top photo that one.

Can everyone who has signed up please check in tomorrow (i.e. go to the flickr group) for Simon's amazing end of year photo competition. It will have a cunning twist!

Si

JohnClimber
    Free Member

"Simon's amazing end of year photo competition"

God help us 🙄

simonralli2
    Free Member

Ah, just you wait and see.

theginjaninja
    Free Member

Last day! Woooooooo.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Yeah – it's amazing to have finally achieved one photo a day. It really takes quite a lot to manage this, and well done to everyone who made it through the year!!

I have not posted my final pic yet, am hoping to see if we get a view of the full blue moon tonight 🙂

.duncan
    Free Member

I plan on doing a 365 next year 🙂

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Well that's my last one of the year and after such a crap year these are my favorites from each month of the year.

Who said we had to point a camera everyday?

091231 My 2009 Highlights

Roll on 2010……

Oggles
    Free Member

TO ALL THE IPHONE PHOTOGRAPHERS… WHAT IS THE BEST WAY OF ADDING PHOTOS TO THE FLICKR GROUP? FLICKR.APP DOESNT HAVE THIS CAPABILITY AFAIK, THE ONLY WAY I CAN FIGURE IT OUT IS TO USE THE FULL, NON-OPTIMISED WEBSITE, WHICH IS A BIT OF A CHORE ON THE PHONE.

theginjaninja
    Free Member

Does your phone have CAPS LOCK?

theginjaninja
    Free Member

The Flickr iPhone app will do it. There's an icon in the top right to upload.

Also you can email them to your Flickr account
    http://blog.flickr.net/en/2008/11/14/quick-tip-uploading-photos-from-your-iphone/

I'd imagine it'll get confusing pretty quickly though. I prefer to keep mine carefully numbered on my laptop at home.

See image below. Top right camera icon allows you to upload.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

theginjaninja – Are you going to add the odd shot throughout the year?

I hope so

theginjaninja
    Free Member

John, yeah. Every now and then. I might have a week off if that's ok though? 🙂

AND…. that's it. I'm done!

Day 365 of 365

That was good. Learnt a lot and had a lot of fun. Spent far too much money on photography gear but never mind.

For all those doing 2010 then good luck!

shoei
    Free Member

And so it begins, posted my first pic to the group. Going to be an intersting year.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Right, that's it – I'm in – on Flickr I'll show as Chris1968.
    Taken todays shot – jut have to find the (tiny) SD card reader…… 🙄

Also, off to find the Flickr app for the i-phone….

andyl46
    Free Member

Hmm, some foot fetishist seems to have taken a shine to the group…

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37563990@N02/4199336413/in/pool-onephotoeveryday

simonralli2
    Free Member

Not any more – just been on and removed a load 😀

JohnClimber
    Free Member

152 members now.

That's a lot of photos a day for us all to look through and judge at the end of each month

Oggles
    Free Member

Sorry I should have explained better, the app will of course upload to my flickr account but I couldnt work out how to add the photograph to the group.

I guess I'll just have to add them manually when I have use of a peecee. 🙂 I've suggested this as a feature though.

Can't wait to start looking through everyones photos!

hitman
    Free Member

simon, is it ok for me to join? Took some pics yesterday and just about to upload ( I know I should have done it yesterday!), not sure how long I'll keep it up but should get me to use my camera more 🙂

simonralli2
    Free Member

Hitman

Of course feel free!

Si

stuartm555
    Free Member

I've joined – sorry for the late upload! Looking forward to this 🙂

NonStopNun
    Free Member

Ive joined sorry im late 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Calling all photographers – who is up for One Photo Everyday 2010?’ is closed to new replies.