Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Calling all Parent's….
  • ScottTB

Just had to mention the great ride I had at the week end.

I took my 8 year old son on his first "proper" ride at Sheroowd Pines (the blue grade adventure trail) and we both had a great time – he hasn't stopped talking about how cool mountain bikes are since!!!

I'm now under instruction from my wife to "get back out there with him soon." I think that's the first time I've been instructed to go out riding – and she wont have to ask twice!!!

So for anyone with kids going through the whole wibbly-wobbly learning to ride thing have faith; it's all so worth it in the end…

jimmy

parent's what?

/grammar police

RealMan
    Free Member

he hasn't stopped talking about how cool mountain bikes are since!!!

Sounds expensive.

EdwardH

Yeah but more than worth the price. My two and half year old has been zooming about on his scoot balance bike good and proper for the last four or five months. He wants to go everywhere on it, wont take off his bike helmet and wants a bike like Daddies…… I am already planning which bike to get him next, its one way of circumventing my wife and her complaints about my spending on bikes and bits.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Yep…it's great when your kids can finally ride along side you. My 8yr and 11yr old are doing their first enduro at the weekend with me and MrFC!(My first too actually! 😯 )

8)

Junkyard
    Free Member

my kids try and ride balance bikes up trees over obstacles trials style…like Danny

or crash them on the ground …..like Daddy

ScottTB

Isn't it a bit scary how much effect we have on our kids?

My youngest (6) was walking around the lounge the other day with my mobile clamped to his ear telling me; "shush Daddy – I'm on a business call!". Gulp! What have I created?

I'm loving it though – I'm creatinig mini-me's- ha,ha,ha,ha (and now the scary music starts…oh just in my head then!?)

Talking of which time to put them to bed…

martyntr
    Free Member

Amazing but expensive… I've started paying Father Christmas for my 4 1/2 year olds Giant XTC 20"

ScottTB

You know it's bad when you order stuff in pairs…one for you…one for them!

FoxyChick
    Free Member

My little lad found some flat pedals on ebay and said.."but they're only £90!" 😯

He can suss out a pair of tyres at 100 yrds and scoffs at my lack of knowledge about rear shocks!!

8)

IdleJon

About 6 weeks ago I was riding along a tarmacked (sp?) cycle path and without warning hit a massively slippery section – covered in green mossy slime or something. The end result had me sliding along the tarmac putting a nice hole in my elbow and thigh, bruising etc.

Fast forward to a few weeks later, I'm out with my 5 yr old daughter, just riding towards the offending section of tarmac. I'm just about to tell her to walk her bike, when, yes you've guessed, she's sliding along the tarmac.

MASSIVE GUILT TRIP!

Thankfully she wasn't damaged at all, and her confidence on the bike seems undented.

bear-uk
    Free Member

I took my baby to Dalby last wed. Told wife we would be around 3 hours.
    5 hours later and 1 nearly dead 21 year old student, we arrived back.
    What a bollocking I got.

Tracey

Great to get them out but it could get expensive, worth every penny though

Tracey

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Much better for them (& you) than letting them get fat and insular on a bloody games console!

smurf
    Free Member

My daughter just turned one so I'm looking into seats / trailers at the moment. Hoping to get Mrs and baby smurf out with me fairly soon

smurf

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Calling all Parent's….’ is closed to new replies.