Calling all Oxford mountain bikers!

Home Forum Bike Forum Calling all Oxford mountain bikers!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Calling all Oxford mountain bikers!
  • Gravity?

Aston Hill is only 45mins / 1 hr from you.

There may be stuff nearer around Christmas Common / Stokenchurch, but I’ve only ridden XC round that way.

Premier Icon jezketley

Check out BucksMTB – quite a few members live Oxford way and rides tend to focus on the Chilterns, Aston Hill, Swinley Forest, Woburn and Chicksands – plus trips further afield.

Hi, so recently moved back to Oxford after a few years in Brighton, and was wondering where all the Oxford mountain bikers are/where they go. Im looking for people to ride with essentially, I often go up to shotover in terms of local spots. Like to travel to Aston hill, Woburn etc if transport is available.

Anyone else in Oxford seeking some gravity orientated/jumpy riding?

(sounds like a dating ad)

EDIT; Have also heard that theres some riding up at Boars Hill, anyone got experience with this?

Premier Icon johnny

Plenty of more XC riding in the Chilterns, but i’m more the Reading side. there are various midweek rides if you’re interested? Most riders I know are mainly into XC/trail riding, but have been known to dabble in DH.

Gravity/DH wise, it’s really Woburn/Aston Hill, etc, unless you dont mind travelling.

Thanks a lot for the advice people, will check out these groups and see whats going on. I am also interested in doing some more xc orientated riding, need to work on my fitness I think. Seems like getting a car would be the best option as even Witney and Abingdon are a fair distance to ride.

@Johnny, so are there regular rides you go on where I could tag a long, If i could get there?
    @gaberin, those jumps look nice in the video (bit scary but i could probably build up to them!) do you know their current condition? Do you ride there?

Hi dps11,

I’m living in Oxford since January this year… i bought a bicycle 3 month ago and started making jumps in shotover. We made good jumps but people started destroying them. I ride With a young guy and looking for someone to ride in aston hill, swinley forest, etc.

I head out to Aston hill quite a bit, it’s the nearest place for some proper gravity riding without going to wales ime.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Calling all Oxford mountain bikers!’ is closed to new replies.