Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Calling adventure racers/ ultra endurance officionados
  • alwillis

So having done some open 5 events, a 2 day stage race and a 7 hour point to point adventure race I am looking at a 12 hour race. The time/ distance will be hard but not impossible for me. But it starts at midnight.

So tips/ advice on racing through the small hours of Saturday morning after being at work all day Friday? Suck it up? Lots of caffeine?

This is the race….

NIGHT & DAY – 12hr Adventure Race

Flaperon

Just get up progressively later the week before if possible? Would advise against caffeine, if you’re tired and wired at the same time you’ll be inclined to make mistakes, which might hurt. Depending on how caffeine affects you, you might also spend a good part of your 12 hours trying to find a toilet.

alwillis

Getting up later was my first thought, but currently working 7-3 shifts, so it will mean being up from Friday at 6ish until Saturday lunchtime. I’m thinking it will be more of a case of eating and drinking well before and during, and trying to concentrate alot harder!

Great point on the caffeine, hadn’t thought of that!

richpips
    Free Member

My advise make sure you sleep well in the week before.

I never seem to get much sleep the night before doing 24hr events and can’t say I’ve ever felt yawning type tired during an event.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Calling adventure racers/ ultra endurance officionados’ is closed to new replies.