• This topic has 45 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by pk13.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Call that a protest?
  • frankconway

In Leeds late afternoon today; 50 – 60 people with no clear focus; guy at the front with megaphone shouting ‘dump trump’ in weedy voice; posters/banners about trump, brexit, nhs & refugees.
    Police in attendance clearly saw the whole pathetic affair as a joke – and rightly.
    Not going to scare the establishment with that 4th division performance.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It was kicking off in Cardiff as well. Big style.

garage-dweller

Achieves bog all. Our friends across the pond have made their choice.

That’s the combination of democracy and successful “marketing” for you….

devash
    Free Member

Sad thing is the same people would have been celebrating Killary had she won, despite the fact that both her and Trump represent two faces of the same evil.

Still, let the perpetually offended have their little protest. It saves them the arduous task of thinking up genuine alternatives for society.

kimbers

good on ’em I say

yeah itll change fk all

but if it makes them feel less depressed about a horrible bigot becoming US president, well they’re a bit happier now

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

That sounds like a terrible protest. No shop windows smashed? Definitely not going to scare the establishment without smashing a few windows. I bet the police were wetting themselves. What a joke.

fin25
    Free Member

Yeah, much better to go on a mountain biking forum and moan about it…

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

You only have to look at the fracking protest. Stage managed by the Police and the business involved, they even put on a special truck for the plebs to slow walk in front of 😆

They ask permission, talk about brought to heel! Suppose the “pond life” should get a job or something better to do eh.

hatter

Er, the proper protest is tomorrow.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Still, let the perpetually offended have their little protest. It saves them the arduous task of thinking up genuine alternatives for society.

It does strike me as a certain type of person who uses that pharse, almost like they can’t think of anything constructive to add.

frankconway

@fin: no moaning – just poking fun at the ineffectual.

@hatter
    : best stay away from leeds centre on saturday then – bound to be rammed…..
    Get a life – ‘protesting’ about trump in uk will achieve sweet truck all.

kimbers

nor will whining about the protestors on a bike forum, but here we are….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Protests are one stage, highlighting to the government that people are not willing to “do anything” that Trump asks etc. stand up to his irresponsible ideas. Remind those in Brexit that rushing a one sided trade deal with the US is not in the national interest.
    In the way that the UK has gone lately seeing people stand up against racism, division, hatred and and man who admitted sexually assulating a woman seems like a step forward.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

frankconway – Member

You said you said it was a broad spectrum protest, quote, about trump, brexit, nhs & refugees.

Btw when you say “Police in attendance clearly saw the whole pathetic affair as a joke” how could you tell?

ninfan
    Free Member

It was kicking off in Cardiff as well. Big style.

Even more remarkable that I actually know one of those four protesters too 😯

taxi25
    Free Member

Lets see, a democraticly elected government takes power in the UK. Some people in the USA think thats a bad thing so they organise a protest. We’d all be wetting ourselves laughing.
    Of all the pointless pathetic posturing these losers take first prize.

tjagain

Whereas in Edinburgh the protest was many hundreds if not thousands strong

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I doubt posting on an mtb forum will achieve much either, you seem to have more in common with these protestors than you think.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

“Pharse”?

zippykona

You can always go on this one if you want to try and make a difference.
    https://m.facebook.com/events/1812530828971846/

tjagain

I think next time Trump comes to Scotland will be very funny with demos against him continuously.

matt_outandabout

I’m with you TJ on the effort and humor that will go into his first Scottish visit.

kimbers

1000s of people

on every side of the planet

some comedy home made placards

thats a protest

Xylene
    Free Member

No.

South Koreans know how to protest

Over 1mn S. Koreans protest embattled President Park, opposition seeks impeachment (PHOTOS, VIDEOS)

100,000 protested against American Beef

Junkyard
    Free Member

It does strike me as a certain type of person who uses that pharse, almost like they can’t think of anything constructive to add.

QUite it odd how folk dont simply reply without empty phrases like snowflake, virtue signaler ,high horse , perpetually offended whilst pointing out its the others with the issues

enfht
    Free Member

snowflake, virtue signaler ,high horse , perpetually offended are all descriptive and anything but empty phrases 😆 I can see how the last year has been really difficult so best go for a lie down, treacle. Maybe go on a protest march or invent a new hashtag if it helps you feel you’re making a difference.

kimbers

I can see how the last year has been really difficult so best go for a lie down, treacle.

aaahh standard patronising little man with a complex dig to finish !

snowflake etc, just words that bullies use to justify, well being bullies, when their arguments prove to be vacuous

yours
    perpetually offended of Milton Keynes 😉

nemesis
    Free Member

Just a point of order. If you use the term “snowflake” I strongly suggest you look up where it comes from and have a think about whether it’s a term you want to be associated with and use.

devash
    Free Member

As if “nazi, homophone, cisgenderist, misogynist, ableist etc etc etc…..” are any less vacuous.

My point was in the second part – “It saves them the arduous task of thinking up genuine alternatives for society.”

binners

‘Snowflake’ is actually a very handy word as it immediately indicates that it’s not worth listening to another second of the boorish, tedious, Farage-esque crap the person who used it has to say 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

As if “nazi, homophone, cisgenderist, misogynist, ableist etc etc etc…..” are any less vacuous.

well they are actual words with real meanings rather than just cheap insults – though they may also be used for that as well.

headfirst
    Free Member

Where are all the naysayers now? My daughter went to a march in Shipley and said there were 1500 there.

Solidarity sisters!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ugly scenes in centre of Leicester this evening

An ‘anti Trump’ protestor threw a traffic cone, narrowly missing US President by 5802 miles

H/t @justinbarrell

project
    Free Member

Somebody in Wrexham is believed to have thrown their toys out the toy box at the trump,but being a bit thick they didnt realise they wouldnt travel more than 3,000 miles without the aid of a rocket, and non available at the local co op.

Mummy then walked up and told them protest was pointless, as he was so far away , in a different country and continent and probably didnt know where wrexham was or even wales, and basicly dint give a shit about toys out of toyboxes.

Perhaps those who protested in uk, should protest about homelessness, food banks, the systematic destruction of the NHS, unemployment and road deaths and injuries.

All more important than a man in the usa.

Get real and look after uk plc first and its people.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Homophone is an insult now? Who new?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Perhaps those who protested in uk, should protest about homelessness, food banks, the systematic destruction of the NHS, unemployment and road deaths and injuries.

Quite. Muck in and spend the afternoon volunteering for a local charity. But I guess they wouldn’t get to dress up and parade around a “witty” placard in the hope of getting on social media.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

😀

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

greentricky
    Free Member

Just a point of order. If you use the term “snowflake” I strongly suggest you look up where it comes from and have a think about whether it’s a term you want to be associated with and use.

Fightclub?

johnners
    Free Member

Perhaps they do, it’s possible to care about more than one thing at a time and people who’ll spend a cold Saturday in January going on a march might also care about some of that stuff enough to protest about it.

Or maybe they’re just not privy to your authorised list of things they’re allowed to protest about, the approved order in which to do it and which ones have to be fixed before it’s OK to care about another one.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Call that a protest?’ is closed to new replies.