Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • California accomodation.
  • Mackem

Summer hols is going to be 3 weeks mooching round California with the other half. (non-biking apart from the odd day escape). Any accomodation recommendations in the likes of LA/San Diego/San Fran. Not looking for anything fancy, just a bed somewhere safe, not mega-expensive and near the “sights”

Also, any recommendations about anything to see/do that isnt on the normal tourist route.

Cheers.

d4
    Free Member

Stayed in The Mosser in SanFran, fairly cheap and cheerful, very central. Rooms are small and breakfast was just muffins and coffee. Would recomended if you want somewhere cheap and no frills.

lunge

Drink in Star Bar in San Diego, a proper dive of a place but friendly locals and cheap beer, my kind of bar. Bar that my recommendations are a little more costly..

cynic-al
    Free Member

San Fran – art hotel is cheap, central and cool.

Up the coast is Bear Valley Inn, run by my pals Amanda and Ken. Top notch.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

+1 for the Bear Valley Inn.

Hang out in Point Reyes Station, Bolinas, Tomales and Fairfax. Much nicer than haulin your ass around the city.

woody2000

We spent 3 weeks in California, we just drove along until we saw somewhere we fancied staying. Accommodation is cheap and easy to find wherever you are tbh. Enjoy! 🙂

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Yosimite
    Hearst Castle
    Big Sur
    Bubblegum Alley San Luis Obispo
    alcatraz

http://thestinkingrose.com/

I could go on…

TubsRacing
    Free Member

Mrs TR and I loved our trip over to the Channel Islands National Park. The most important thing in California is to go to In and Out Burger and ask for you french fries “animal style”.

wl
    Free Member

Santa Cruz is worth a visit, and there’s a nice hostel there.

ojom
    Free Member

Quite liked the San Remo in SF.

We stayed in a Comfort Inn in S Cruz as it was pennies and has the biggest bed i had ever seen.

johndoh
    Free Member

We stayed in LA (Redondo Beach) over Christmas in a lovely townhouse just off Aviation Bv. and a 10 minute walk to the lovely beaches.

It was a 2 bed house with all the stuff you need (including a couple of brand new cruiser bikes and stuff for the beach). Also had secure off street parking.

It was via this agency http://www.vrbo.com/ I am not sure if it is still being let though as the owner was between long term tenants and we struck lucky with a 2 week rental.

Ohh, and you must try Disneyland – it’s a bit leftfield I know, but I thought I would mention it 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘California accomodation.’ is closed to new replies.