Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Calderdale train commuters
  • D0NK

Bit of a longshot asking on here but – is there any chance I’ll be able to get a bike on the 16:00 or 16:22 from manchester victoria to calderdale (I’m going to either tod or walsden) tomorrow or are these trains always packed?

brant
    Free Member

timk@shedfire.com will know.

baronspudulike
    Free Member

From my experience of catching the train for 4 years, up until 6 months ago, you’ll probably be fine catching the 15.54ish train. If you get there a good 10 mins early you can make sure to get your bike on whilst its still quiet. There is often a bike storage area on the train. The 16.24ish train gets busier from people escaping the office a little early. Again if you get there in good time you’ll probably get your bike in the storage area. Anything later gets full to the brim with standing room only, a bit of a sardines game, until the 6.20ish and 7.20ish trains when they become pretty empty again.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    D0NK

Cheers for the info Baron, I guessed it would be something like that, I’d forgotten a lot of trains set off from there and you can arrive early and get your seat.

Ta brant, might email him later

TimK

I get the 17.18 most days of the week and like Baron said if you get there early u’ll be fine, there is bike storage on virtually every train. But if you leave it till the last minute you might have to be rude and barge your way on with people moaning at ya, but i’m sure you can cope with that. I’ve just become numb to it and ignore them 😉

D0NK

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Calderdale train commuters’ is closed to new replies.