Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Calderdale day out ?
  • cnud
    Free Member

Never ridden the area so fancy booking a day off work and driving the 2hrs or so to Hebden and cracking out a 20-25 miler. Rocky or fast and flowy, I don’t mind. Normally ride in the Peak so not averse to 3/4000 ft of climbing. Got my OS map and can see a whole range of options from mbr, flat tyres website and even good old single track magazine. I appreciate the best stuff is probably cheeky and needs a local but I’m happy to stick with the well known. Hebden / Todmorden loop seems to be popular from Heatmaps but looking for recommendations really. Thanks

SaxonRider

I just returned from precisely that area, but spent my time on the road so can’t help with off-road stuff. Sorry.

Hopefully Binners or someone from the MNPR will on to help soon.

spennyy
    Free Member

There’s a route on the blazing saddles shop site. Nothing technical just a big loop.

wl
    Free Member

Enjoy yourself. If you’re riding the good stuff and staying off tarmac and dirt roads, it’s pretty slow going – just allow for that. I was out for almost 6 hours on Monday and probably only covered around 30+ miles and 1,500m climbing. It was hot and windy tho, and gloopy in places. Loads to go at – whatever you want really. I’d offer to show you round but too much work on. Stoodley, Gaddings, Widdop, Hurstwood, Stairs Lane, House of Shit and Ogden Res are good landmarks – string them all together (not in that order) for a big and rewarding day out. Cheeky stuff everywhere.

cnud
    Free Member

Thanks; I’ll check that website and those places for sure

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

A favourite has to be this
    http://www.mbr.co.uk/routes/northern-england/west-yorkshire-best-yorkshire-gps-route-324116

As with the peaks allow extra time, depending on breakdowns weather and big climbs rides can take alot longer than expected

nickc

That’s a pretty fun loop. easy navigation, some stern-ish climbs, and some nice fast descents.

andybrad

If you drop Chris a message he guides around there and I’m sure he’ll be happy to show you some stuff.
    Some of the cheeky stuff is properly good but the standard stuff is tops as well.

cnud
    Free Member

Great stuff, really looking forward to this now. Um, who is Chris?

wl
    Free Member

cnud – think Chris will be the guy behind a local one-man guiding outfit called Whoosh. Google will help you out. He’s a friendly bloke and knows some of the good trails.

cnud
    Free Member

Ah, righto. Thanks

andybrad

Chris is this guy
    https://www.facebook.com/WhooshMTB/

Me and a few others have had skills days with him. He’s good and a nice chap. Looks a bit like a wizard though 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Calderdale day out ?’ is closed to new replies.