Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cairngorms trip – lots of piks :-D
  • clareymorris

First day we went for a pootle round Loch an Eilein – and did a couple of laps because it was so lush….. Although I was on a geared bike, I singlesped with Tom all week so we would be evenly matched!! I'm dead keen to get out and do some longer and higher routes in and around the area, this week really whetted my Cairngorms appetite!

Second day out was over to Glen Clova to do the Loch Muick route BUT (suprise surprise) we left Carrbridge too late and mis-judged the distance in the car……it took us 2 hours to get top the start of the ride!!! So we got to the top and had to come back down again due to time and the fact that the rain had become torrential by that point!!! Here is MrCm riding back down!

Next day we went and did the route in and around Glen More (all Kenny Wilsons routes by the way) We did the extra bits of singletack and they were FAB!!!

Skids are for kids!!

Last day out was the inshriach route (Glen Feshie). Fab weather and fantastic long flowing singletrack 😀
    See, singlespeed IS fun!

Ricketybridge.

Reward 😀

Burp 8-p

simonralli2
    Free Member

Some great pics here. I have that book, and was thinking about doing something very similar, but decided I have neither the budget nor navigation skills so decided to ride locally instead. Looks like you had a cracking time despite some rough weather.

My only critique is I would have preferred to check out the cake rather than pizza, but hey, that's just me 🙂

clareymorris

Only one day of bad weather thank god. You defo neeed your map and the book with you to follow his routes but if I can do it without getting lost you surely can!!

Cake was plentiful all day 😀

simonralli2
    Free Member

No honestly. I went on a Bogtrotters ride today and had to be collected by SFB who rode round to where two of us were after failing to find the car park in Keswick. 🙂

Yep – am sure you must have found some great cafes along the routes.

clareymorris

Ah, good point there maybe best in a group then!!!

No noooo no cafes – my mate Annes Mums home made banana loaf yay!!!

sheldona
    Free Member

Thanks for reminding me of that Loch 🙂 We did loads of riding round there a couple of years ago at SSWC would love to head back up there one day.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cairngorms trip – lots of piks :-D’ is closed to new replies.