Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cable routing HELP
  • Pook

Ok, so I’ve built a bike today. All the cables run over the top of the cross bar, where there are 3 pairs of cable guides, one for each of the gear cables, one for the rear brake.
    In routing the cables I’ve got in a bit of a tangle, things run smoothly, i can move the bars freely, but it just doesn’t “look” right if you know what I mean.
    I’d take pics but i don’t have my camera. Do any of you lot have any routing pictures you could stick up showing how you’ve sent the cables round the frame?
    tia

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Route the cables on the opposite side on the tube to the position on the bars, if you know what I mean.

I think

Pook

tried that, it just resulted in them crossing over weirdly on the crossbar. I know it should be simple, but something just isn’t working right!

😳

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

i hate messy cable routing (and don’t even get me started on how long some bikes have their front brake hose)

rear brake hose = from lever into guides on left hand side of frame.
    rear mech cable = from shifter to centre guides without going round the stem/headtube
    front mech cable = from shifter round head tube to guides on right hand side of frame.

run it that way on both mountain bikes with top tube routing (old clockwork =above the tube guides, sanderson life, below the tube guides)
    on the scott which has routing on/under the down tube i run
    rear brake hose = from lever into guides on left hand side of frame.
    rear mech cable = from shifter round head tube to guide on left crossing to guide on right at bottom of down tube
    front mech cable = from shifter round head tube to guide on right crossing to left hand side of frame at bottom of down tube.

work fine look neat

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cable routing HELP’ is closed to new replies.