Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • c2c tyre choice?
  • swiss01
    Free Member

i never thought i’d see the day when i’d be putting any form of what tyre for… thread on here but here we go.

off to do a c2c from kyle of lochalsh to montrose in the not too distant future and that means i’m going to have to do a fair few road miles on the road but not on a road bike. so what tyres for that then? keep my mountain kings on or go for something more road friendly?

your thoughts please….

Cotters
    Free Member

I have done the ‘sustrans c2c’ 5 times now (including all the off road bits, old coach rd out of keswick etc etc) and have used the same tyres each time – specialized crossroads. Every time I think,nah there must be something more narly for the off road bits, but each time I thank my lucky stars that I used them. Exceptionally quick on the road and old railway line stuff, and my set are the ‘old’ crossroads that have a bit more of a nobble of the side, so are ok on the off road sections.

I have recommended these tyres to each rider who has done it and we still haven’t had a flat yet.

In my view only, there isn’t a ‘perfect’ tyre for this sort of thing, BUT for the time you save and the ease of the road sections on this type of tyre you’ll enjoy the whole ride so much more.

Otherwise get a set of pan razers (or such like), blow them up to the max for the road and let some out for the off road.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘c2c tyre choice?’ is closed to new replies.